• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NPQ by NAMI

robav8r

None
Contributor
This wasn't a USN/USMC thing but a DOD directive, some of the questions are "have you been suspended from school", how often do you drink, how much, how many tickets so you have, etc..... this gives you a score, over a certain number and here comes a psych eval . . . . .

Interesting thread. I just started my E-QIP ( online questionaire for my SSBI to renew my security clearance), and there were a bunch of similarly worded questions that I assume better your assess your eligibility for continued access to classified info. Seems better suited for a security clearance though rather than initial accession. Thoughts?

exNavyOffRec

Interesting thread. I just started my E-QIP ( online questionaire for my SSBI to renew my security clearance), and there were a bunch of similarly worded questions that I assume better your assess your eligibility for continued access to classified info. Seems better suited for a security clearance though rather than initial accession. Thoughts?

Having seen the full questions, but not remembering them all I thought that some were a bit excessive and not a good indicator of a person that can serve, but I believe they all deal with decision making, which I guess you could argue is valid for both initial accession and clearance.

It only takes one person doing something stupid to ruin it for all the others that would be just fine.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They're all just data points. No one question is an automatic red flag and the similarly worded questions are looking for consistency. This is Psych 101 stuff.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agree, but I don't remember those types of questions in previous SF-86 applications & interviews.
It's like the ever-evolving questions on the pre-PRT medical screening form. Each new guy to hold that job thinks their way of wording basically the same questions is better than the last guy. I haven't done a PR in about 4 years, so I haven't seen the latest batch of questions, but IMO, your SF-86 shouldn't be crossing over into the realm of psychological evaluation. It should stick to security and lifestyle oriented questions and leave the psychology to the medical professionals.

Renegade One

None
Thoughts?
Answer each question honestly and to the best of your ability/recollection. A "proven track record" of loyal, honorable service of some length must carry some weight enough to outweigh boyhood indiscretions. Evasion and/or omission in any form will only bite you in the seat pan.
It's sorta like my favorite Medical determination: NPQ/AA: Not Physically Qualified, but Aeronautically Adapted (or words to that effect). Sorta sez: "Hey, we wouldn't accept you this way if you wuz a new guy, but you've kinda sorta proven that it no longer matters in your case...you've proven your effectiveness...we probably ought keep you around". Or words to that effect... I'm sure that FlyDoc can clarify if that status even exists any more.
Kinda like "fading eyes" for experienced aviators...hey...glasses when flying the ball might work for you! Let's try that!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's sorta like my favorite Medical determination: NPQ/AA: Not Physically Qualified, but Aeronautically Adapted (or words to that effect).

I specifically remember the term "Physically qualified and aeronautically adapted" on my NavCad application Navy flight physical summary, from NAS Quonset Point Flight Surgeon. Don't know if that term is still used?
BzB

silver236

None
New info. The physical qualifications department from NAMI informed me that I am PQ however NAA due the fact that my personality traits does not match the general population in the aviation field. They even clearly said that I was not diagnosed with any kind of psychological disorder.

I am currently working with a retired AF Col. (pilot) who has known me since 13 to build a case to refute NAA. I really don't want to give up on my dream.

exNavyOffRec

That is better than NPQ, but something is going on with the personality traits, you should try to find out specifically what they are looking for.

silver236

None
True. I don't know what they're looking for but it sounded to me that my personality simply didn't fit their criteria. Hopefully, everything works out.