• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November boards

bsubdevils

So, do I need to put 7777 into my transponder in response to a hijacking of this thread?:p

(sorry if anyone thinks that was tasteless)

bsubdevils

Shoot, you're absolutely right. 7700 is an emergency isn't it. Does straight 7's even mean anything or is it just gibberish.
im an idiot:irked_125

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Shoot, you're absolutely right. 7700 is an emergency isn't it. Does straight 7's even mean anything or is it just gibberish.
im an idiot:irked_125
7500: Unlawful Interference (Hijack)
7700: General Emergency
7777: military interception (US/FAA)

"Under no circumstances should a pilot of a civil aircraft operate the transponder on Code 7777. This code is reserved for military interceptor operations."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transponder_(aviation)

So you weren't completely jacked up bro. Never hurts to freshen up on these anyway ...

Do some of you old salts have some good stories about squakin 7777? :tongue2_1

The Stoic

umm back to the thread. Yep in for November also. Pretty sure you have GOT to have your PFT done before the board meets. Although I don't have my meps done i'm pretty sure they don't do that until the board gives you the initial nod. Anyways good luck to you guys and gals, maybe i'll see some of you clowns in RI

Ohh and congrats on select! I'm jealous as this Navy "thing" is just floating around in the back of my head driving me nuts.

badger16

None
I just found out I got bdcp final select for SNFO. Time to drink some beers.

Congrats dude... you should be pretty well Fcked up your tree by now if you started drinking at 8:30am. Good luck to you in the future! Cheers.

joshmf

I spoke with my recruiter today about MEPS/ PRT. He said that it was a new requirement that not everyone was following through with. My package was already submitted without either, but he said it would be fine to do in the next few weeks, and could even be sent in after the board meets. It sounds like its required more in theory than in practice at this point, but will probably be a firm requirement in the future. Good luck to everyone this month.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Good luck to everyone waiting for the November board. I got picked up for SNA last November and here I am a year later just finishing up my first block of flights in primary. It's a long process but it's definitely worth it. There is nothing I would rather be doing. Hell, I get paid to fly around do cool shit. It doesn't get any better than that.

egolnick

I sent my package in for BDCP (Intel) two weeks ago. This waiting is really going to suck. Can someone explain to me how the board actually works? Real anxious about all this. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Actually, I am pretty humble about this one. I think I was too anxious for the October board and then I ended up missing it. I believe I learned my lesson. :D

Either way.........good luck to all!