• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November Board

Acsantosus

depends on if you are applying for any other programs that require TS. TS is a longer process so better to start now and get clearance to be in the program to not receive clearance then get accepted into the specific program
I guess that makes sense. I got my Secret when I enlisted and TS while in Submarine School. It seemed odd to me that Officers get it before they even finish OCS.

kyaunaking

I asked the same thing. But if you are applying for a program that requires it and you can not get TS clearance then you can not commission for that program hints the reason to know before completing OCS.

Acsantosus

Well I mean the same goes for any job in the Navy. If I couldn’t get my clearance I couldn’t do my job. The Navy would utilize me in a different position. With doing it this new way the Navy runs the risk of investing a large amount of money on you in The form of an investigation, which can be pretty lucrative in the civilian sector. What happens if you don’t finish OCS or don’t make it to the fleet? Not saying anything Negative about the process it has just changed a lot over the years.

kyaunaking

Well I mean the same goes for any job in the Navy. If I couldn’t get my clearance I couldn’t do my job. The Navy would utilize me in a different position. With doing it this new way the Navy runs the risk of investing a large amount of money on you in The form of an investigation, which can be pretty lucrative in the civilian sector. What happens if you don’t finish OCS or don’t make it to the fleet? Not saying anything Negative about the process it has just changed a lot over the years.
true! I don't know

kyaunaking

I was picked up for SWO in September. But my number 1 and 2 programs board meeting is 02 Dec. So waiting for those results first. Jan OCS I heard is full. So I am shooting for 09 Feb FINSEL orders (fingers crossed) best of luck to you as well

parkers18

I was picked up for SWO in September. But my number 1 and 2 programs board meeting is 02 Dec. So waiting for those results first. Jan OCS I heard is full. So I am shooting for 09 Feb FINSEL orders (fingers crossed) best of luck to you as well

which program are you wanting to join the most?

kyaunaking

1. Intel
  2. SWO / IP
  3. SWO

Really wanting 1 or 2, but I am okay with 3 because all 3 programs will get me where I want to go.

BigRisk54

How is everyone doing with the wait in this thread? lol
I keep checking this thread waiting to see if anyone was going to say anything lol. I am excited honestly. I was pretty nervous on Monday just knowing what was going on, but other than that I have been pretty calm