• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2022 Dallas Airshow Collision

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Know which B17? I am looking at Sentimental Journey now. She is safe.

Sitting at my Chapter of AAHF talking about our in process exemption from the FAA. This will not help.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One of our members is a pro photog. A colleague of his saw the whole thing. B-17 Texas Raiders and CAF P-63.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eye witness report. B-17 making low pass. P-63 and other Texas Wing aircraft making circling passes. P-63 hit the tail of the B-17.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only relief is likely no pax since it was an airshow performance.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
There is a video on Facebook that really shows the hit…just horrible.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Have a local CAP colleague that regularly crews this plane and flies as FE - trying to determine his status.
How old is he? I’ll be the one to say it, I haven’t seen a CAF pilot under the age of 75 flying a WWII airframe…and that is just too old for those aircraft. And @ChuckMK23 I hope your colleague is safe and sound.

Last edited:

jmcquate

Contributor
From other angles it looks like they were doing a parade oval around show center with fast and slow movers. On a side note, the P-39, and P-63 had horrible cockpit visibility.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
From other angles it looks like they were doing a parade oval around show center with fast and slow movers. On a side note, the P-39, and P-63 had horrible cockpit visibility.
Just tragic and horrible. It looks like a scene from a WWII movie.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How old is he? I’ll be the one to say it, I haven’t seen a CAF pilot under the age of 75 flying a WWII airframe…and that is just too old for those aircraft. And @ChuckMK23 I hope your colleague is safe and sound.
In the last year AAHF instituted new age and medical requirements for pilots. We really do need some younger members. If I was a former military helo guy I would jump at a chance to fly historic aircraft at little to no cost. But kids, these days, they are not joiners. Whether bowling league, VFW, America Leagion or a fraternity.

KODAK

"Any time in this type?"
pilot
How old is he? I’ll be the one to say it, I haven’t seen a CAF pilot under the age of 75 flying a WWII airframe…and that is just too old for those aircraft.
There is a massive group of eminently qualified, highly experienced, and incredibly safe aviators flying CAF warbirds across the USA, to include the gentleman pictured who I was privileged to meet today. His face is likely a familiar one to those who post here.. Anyway, as per normal maybe it’s a good idea to keep speculation to a minimum until the professionals can do their jobs - not one of us knows the full picture of what happened in Texas today, nor will we until the investigators do their work.

Attachments

• CB3A1887-09FC-42C6-9DAB-4D5529ABB634.jpeg
    CB3A1887-09FC-42C6-9DAB-4D5529ABB634.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 52