• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2014 Supply Board

exNavyOffRec

I have been following this thread for awhile. I too applied the the November board for Supply. I believed I had a very strong package and still feel that way but, have yet to hear from my recruiter. I contacted him and he swears he has yet to see the results and should let me know by the end of the week, that is tomorrow. I am not anticipating that I got accepted and honestly it is very disheartening.

My stats are as follows:

OAR: 51
3.55 GPA with a BA in Analytic Philosophy
4 years prior service, USMC Sgt in the logistics field
2 Navy Marine Corp Achievement Metals
2 years exp as an Inv Control Manager
3 LOR's well written and great character references
4 Interviews from O4, O4, O5 and an O6 in the Supply community all of which said I was the most able candidate they had ever interviewed
Motivational statement was reviewed and approved by a Navy Supply Officer who gave me plenty of pointers and insight

If anything dropped me from the running I believe it is my degree. Any insight, advice or encouragement would be great. Better yet, anyone have access to the results who could actually inform me would be even better.

Semper Fi!

seems like decent stats, but with a 10% selection it can be very difficult.

sometimes what one person thinks is a good motivational statement another may not, just saying.

if you really want to be a USN officer look at all options you qualify for such as SWO

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have been following this thread for awhile. I too applied the the November board for Supply. I believed I had a very strong package and still feel that way but, have yet to hear from my recruiter. I contacted him and he swears he has yet to see the results and should let me know by the end of the week, that is tomorrow. I am not anticipating that I got accepted and honestly it is very disheartening.

My stats are as follows:

OAR: 51
3.55 GPA with a BA in Analytic Philosophy
4 years prior service, USMC Sgt in the logistics field
2 Navy Marine Corp Achievement Metals
2 years exp as an Inv Control Manager
3 LOR's well written and great character references
4 Interviews from O4, O4, O5 and an O6 in the Supply community all of which said I was the most able candidate they had ever interviewed
Motivational statement was reviewed and approved by a Navy Supply Officer who gave me plenty of pointers and insight

If anything dropped me from the running I believe it is my degree. Any insight, advice or encouragement would be great. Better yet, anyone have access to the results who could actually inform me would be even better.

Semper Fi!

The major isn't what the Supply Corps is looking for (Business or STEM majors), HOWEVER you do have the logistics experience serving USMC enlisted. I can see this going either way. I agree with the previous post that I'd recommend considering other options (SWO for example) in case Supply doesn't work.

FraFla

The major isn't what the Supply Corps is looking for (Business or STEM majors), HOWEVER you do have the logistics experience serving USMC enlisted. I can see this going either way. I agree with the previous post that I'd recommend considering other options (SWO for example) in case Supply doesn't work.
If I could go SWO I would go SWO however, I am DQed for acute color deficiency. Because of this, I am unable to do any Line officer job. Further, I just turned 30 so age waivers will have to be considered for future boards.

exNavyOffRec

If I could go SWO I would go SWO however, I am DQed for acute color deficiency. Because of this, I am unable to do any Line officer job. Further, I just turned 30 so age waivers will have to be considered for future boards.

yeah that would limit you, your age waiver would have had to be considered for this past board as well, the age limit is "commissioned by your 29th birthday", you should be able to get one more board in before you age out.

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone experience in reviewing a motivational statement - need help... - Supply Corps

Since you are going for DCO they will look for different things in the motivational statement than someone going for OCS.

Here is one thing, you will have to have interviews by reserve Supply officers, those officers will review your entire kit including your statement, if they like your statement that will factor into your marks, so your best bet is to have your recruiter get you in touch with reserve supply officers and ask them what they look for in a DCO Supply motivational statement.