• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

nynativeviamo

pro rec'd SNA (only applied for (SNA)
24m active duty 4 years AE2

3.09 gpa
54 oar 6/6/5
LOR's
navy captain
district attorney
2 letters of introduction from state congressman
EVALS: MP/EP/MP

interviews:
3 LT's all 10's

just waiting on final select letter now, hope there aren't any issues between pro rec and final select, anyone have any insight on anything stopping a pro rec from becoming a final select?

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
With the PRT gone, I think the only things are medical disqualification or security clearance issues. I'm not sure if you're active duty still, but if so, it should be a pretty quick process getting from pro rec to final select.

I'm hoping the fact that I had a TS/SCI granted in 2007 will make mine relatively quick.

Nvytgr

Just "officially" found out yesterday: PROREC METOC

Congrats to those who were selected. If you weren't, keep your head up and resubmit.
Sex: M
Applied: 1.METOC 2.SWO/Ocean Option

Service: 6.5yrs/ AG1

Thomas Edison State College
Natural Sciences/ Mathematics
GPA: 3.6
OAR: 55

LORs: 1 METOC CAPT, 1 METOC LCDR, 1 Pilot LT
Interviews: 1 Wing CDRE, 1 METOC CAPT, 2 METOC LT's

Extra: LPO, CFL, Training PO, 2 NAMs, 2 Good Conduct, SSOQ 3rd Qtr 2010, Youth T-Ball/Soccer Coach, Command Basketball/Softball Teams

Submitted: Aug 2010
Pro Rec: 19 Nov 2010
FS: TBD
OCS Date: TBD

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Just got back from MEPS this morning. I've gotta say Nashville MEPS is MILES ahead of Baltimore MEPS (circa 2002). I think there were about 100-200 people there in Baltimore, and about 30 today in Nashville. Awesome staff; never once did anyone try to act like they were your drill sergeant.

Anyways, looks like my eyesight is a pass. Distance was 20/25 R, 20/30 L, near was 20/40 R, 20/20 L (all correctable to 20/20). I have a feeling the near right something got messed up, because my right eye is superior to my left no matter what I've tried. The depth perception test SUCKED. What a worthless test. At least they should make them stand out a bit more. I felt like I was guessing for the most part, but I ended up getting through box E (boxes go from A through F, in increasing difficulty, with 3 lines per). If anyone is going to MEPS, keep in mind that only 2, 3, and 4 are possible answers (e.g. the first and last circles will never be the ones that stand out).

So now I'm just waiting for that FS letter!

Oh, also of note. I talked to the aviation processor after MEPS, and he said that I pretty much have to take SNA. If my vision goes down the tubes by Pensacola, I'll get NFO since I've already been selected/qualified for it. Hopefully he's right. I'm not sure what I'd do if I get there and get kicked out completely.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
The depth perception test SUCKED. What a worthless test. At least they should make them stand out a bit more. I felt like I was guessing for the most part, but I ended up getting through box E (boxes go from A through F, in increasing difficulty, with 3 lines per). If anyone is going to MEPS, keep in mind that only 2, 3, and 4 are possible answers (e.g. the first and last circles will never be the ones that stand out).

I just had my depth perception test Tuesday and I believe there was a 5 on mine. I passed through F and I believe it was one of the middle tests that had the 5 (maybe C). Plus I don't think it is that tough of a test or really useless. If you can see a Magic Eye picture I used a similar technique on the depth perception to pass with flying colors.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I just had my depth perception test Tuesday and I believe there was a 5 on mine. I passed through F and I believe it was one of the middle tests that had the 5 (maybe C). Plus I don't think it is that tough of a test or really useless. If you can see a Magic Eye picture I used a similar technique on the depth perception to pass with flying colors.

I haven't been able to see a single one of those damn pictures.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Well hopefully you passed some other version...

I passed the depth perception test at MEPS. Somehow. But I swear, those Magic Eye pictures drive me nuts. Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to do it. I've passed a number of different depth perception tests as well. I don't know why I can't see the pictures though.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I passed the depth perception test at MEPS. Somehow. But I swear, those Magic Eye pictures drive me nuts. Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to do it. I've passed a number of different depth perception tests as well. I don't know why I can't see the pictures though.

One technique that may help you is to put the picture in front of your face basically touching your nose. Then stare at a single spot as you are slowly backing away from the picture then WHAM! The picture pops up. After a couple more practices next thing you know you can just look at one and see the picture because you trained your eyes.

Otherwise you might end up like this guy!

You can practice here! ;)