• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
My motivational was kick ass. Saw some others that were selected with lower GPA, and lower scores. My father was a former Tomcat RIO, guess keeping the family tradition is out of the picture. Congrats on all who were selected.

Is there any reason you're not considering a resubmission? You're 24. If it's something you really want, you've got plenty of time to try to improve your package.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Your opinion is just that, your opinion. My post simply gave a data point on those who were selected, and those who were not (like me).

You can criticize my intentions all day long, but to be honest, you really have no clue how way off base you are.

I will finish this post with the same intentions as the last, Congrats to all who got selected.

I am sorry if I misinterpreted your post. I'm not on AW to make enemies. Good luck with your package in the future. I've noticed the problems you've mentioned with recruiters before and I'm sure you will get picked up with that package eventually.

SeabeeIT2

Does anyone have a strong idea on a "competitive" ASTB score and the best way to improve? I have scored a 46 but the recruiter says it needs to come up. Any feed back helpful.

35/m
SELRES, IT2, Seabee
3.0 GPA, Communications
LOR - 2 O-6, 1 O-9
Interviews 2 O-6, 1 O-5
Collegiate coaching experience

nativeofsandieg

Is there any reason you're not considering a resubmission? You're 24. If it's something you really want, you've got plenty of time to try to improve your package.

Yah, I'm working with the Marines right now. I have been for the past few weeks or so, great stand up group of guys at the Marine San Diego recruiting district.

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
here are my numbers from what I posted for the September Boards, but here I am alas:
21 (22 by the time the board meets)/M/no-priors

SWO

OAR: 57 (I decided not to take the rest, as I didn't think I had enough time to study, though for SWO you only need the OAR)

GPA: 3.79 University of California, Irvine; Double Major in Political Science and Criminology, Law & Society; Minor in Psychology
Graduated Cum Laude and member of Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society

LOR: This is what I think will kill me as I didn't have much time and don't have connections to officers, mayors, etc.

6: 3 professors that I was really close to, and 3 work related references

No special licenses

A few leadership positions:
Head of the Judicial Branch (Chair and Chief Justice) of the Student government at UC Irvine
President of a Law Club on campus

Other Activities:
As well as a member of a couple other clubs
Participated in Intramural Sports

desf4

Pro-rec for SNA, NFO, and SWO. Picking SNA.

23/M/non-prior

BS in Civil Engineering from Rice University 2.66 GPA
2 LORs from Professors (I worked for one of them), 1 LOR from Employer
1 Interview from a retired Naval Chief Petty Officer

ASTB: 7/6/8/67

Participated in a couple of school organizations, intramural sports

perkinshe

Pro Rec'd for SNA/NFO/ and SWO definitely picking SNA.
25/M Non-Prior
7/7/7 53
3.34 GPA BS Geography: University of South Alabama
5 LOR's
200 hours community service
GTU Honor Society
Dean's list 2 semester's
Presidents list 2 semesters

Congrats to everyone that got selected. Hopefully we will see each other in Pensacola.

Just curious does anyone know what the average time is to get the flights physical done and get a OCS class date right now.

perkinshe

here are my numbers from what I posted for the September Boards, but here I am alas:
21 (22 by the time the board meets)/M/no-priors

SWO

OAR: 57 (I decided not to take the rest, as I didn't think I had enough time to study, though for SWO you only need the OAR)

GPA: 3.79 University of California, Irvine; Double Major in Political Science and Criminology, Law & Society; Minor in Psychology
Graduated Cum Laude and member of Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society

LOR: This is what I think will kill me as I didn't have much time and don't have connections to officers, mayors, etc.

6: 3 professors that I was really close to, and 3 work related references

No special licenses

A few leadership positions:
Head of the Judicial Branch (Chair and Chief Justice) of the Student government at UC Irvine
President of a Law Club on campus

Other Activities:
As well as a member of a couple other clubs
Participated in Intramural Sports

From what I can tell it looks like your packet is pretty solid. It looks better than mine did and I got pro-rec'd. As far as LOR's go you don't to have letter's from 4 stars and congressmen to get selected. All of my letters were from employers, professors and people that I did volunteer work for. A letter from a professor that knows you very well carries more wait than one from an officer that doesn't know you at all.

MPK

Pro-Rec's for SNA, NFO, and SWO as well. Take a wild guess which one I'm going for. I'm 24 (for a few more weeks), non-prior service.

My LOR's were: School President/Cleric, College Dean/Friend, Retired Captain/F-14 pilot/project manager for general atomics drones/father of friend (wrote me a bad ass letter), and Air Force 0-2/lifelong friend (another great letter). I assume these helped; some dings on the application for unsavory activities.

7/7/9/63...I don't get how they come up with these scores, seeing as WetEar got a 67 with lower or equal scores than mine on the other three.

3.55 GPA, St. Mary's College of CA, studied abroad at Oxford.

All cock-measuring aside, congratulations to everyone making it. Hopefully we can all help one another through the process and find ourselves drinking celebratory beers within the next year. It was surprising how quickly I heard back...let's hope they expedite a lot of the process. My buddy has been in Corpus for about two months now with no applicable flight/class time thanks to "plane maintenance issues." His current job: chauffeur to senior officers.

perkinshe

It seems like there were a lot of people that got picked up on this board. I was told by my recruiter before the board that they were not going to select that many people and that my scores were right on the line for what they are selecting. I really have not seen anyone say that they did not get selected. I wonder what percentage of the people that submitted for SNA got selected. Maybe this board is a representation that the back up in Pensacola is getting worked out.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
I was a little surprised that I was selected. My ASTB (50 6/6/6) was something I was sure would mean I was up again in the April board. I guess that's why my recruiter was so adamant that I go up before this board (although, he didn't really need to convince me - I was pretty determined to make it in for November). They're probably filling up the FY12 slots, and the April/May/June boards will end up being a lot more competitive.

Anyways, congratulations to everyone selected so far. I look forward to seeing some of you in OCS and flight school.

My recruiter is trying to get me into MEPS within the next two weeks. I'm a little worried about my eyesight. It's been deteriorating a little the last few months. I think I'll be ok at MEPS, and possibly OCS, but I'm worried that by the time we get to Pensacola, my eyesight will be outside the limits...and then what? I'm not sure if that means you get dropped completely from the SNA program, if there are waivers, if you can still fall back on the NFO selections, or what? I had almost convinced myself that I'd go NFO since I was slightly more competitive for it (only because the average selectee stats were slightly lower) and I wouldn't have to worry about eyesight. But now that I've got SNA, I've gotta chase the dream.

sdgigles

Got the good news, select for INTEL.

23/m/non-prior
50 ASTB
3.12 GPA from Boston University in History
LORS: 2 Professors (1 retired 0-6 Academy instructor), 2 Employers (1 O-something Army), 1 Senator, and 1 Congressman
Went to the War College and interviewed with the ONI detachment

Congratulations to everyone selected, and best of luck to anyone who is trying to get in. I was non-select in June then went balls to the walls trying to ramp up my application. Apparently it worked, but I'll feel better when I get the FS letter. Again best of luck to everyone, if there is anything I can do please PM me.