• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

BullGator

What's the minimum score on the ASTB to put SNA or SNFO on your application? I took the ASTB about 2 months ago and got 4/4/4 42. I know it sucks but that was without studying. I've been studying for about 2 months and feel better prepared and will take it again soon. I'm a 25 year old female with a Master's degree in Clinical Exercise Physiology(3.82 gpa). I ran cross country and track in college and was first team all-conference and academic all-conference. I now do triathlons, so I'm in pretty good physical condition. Also, will it hurt or help that I'm a female? Is there a need for female SNAs?
Don't worry about the minimum score, take the ASTB again and do the best you can. You should do much better considering what you said; 2 months is plenty of time for studying for it IMO. You sound all around highly-competitive, so all you need are those ASTB scores.

coredukes

None
Does anybody know the date that the board is meeting this month for SNA and NFO? Is it around the 17th or is it earlier? I guess the results come out a few days after right?

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Does anybody know the date that the board is meeting this month for SNA and NFO? Is it around the 17th or is it earlier? I guess the results come out a few days after right?

The board meets on the 17th. We could see results by the end of that week, more than likely the following though.

craftynation

nov 08 board

Thought I made October but got bumped back...I'm for sure in for all 3 boards[SNA, SWO ans SWo krypto] for November.

26 male

ASTB: 50,5,5,5---on the low end for SNA but I think competitive for SWO.

PRT scores: 8:56 1.5 mile, 69 curl ups, 83 push ups. Based on the score sheet I scored a 95[1 second from 100] 65[just bad at curl ups...the only one I've seen on here with less curls ups then push ups] and 95 for an average of 85. I think this is highly competitive based on what I've seen especially the 1.5 mile.

Grad 04 from Chaminade University of Honolulu: 3.1 GPA[3.5 during final 2 years of college] shows a "pattern of improvement". First 2 years at UMass amherst I had a 2.46.

3 years varsity water polo and swimmming in HS school. 2 yr cpatain water polo. 3 years of D1 college water polo w scholarship.

Sigma alpha Mu fraternity: house manager and steward.

3.5 years in mortgages.

5 lors from past employers and 1 from a college professor. 6 solid appraisal forms from various ranked marine and Naval officers.

comm service: volunteer varsity water polo coach and individual instructor for 4 years.

How come no one is posting there stats on this thread?

gatorchris08

I feel that other than my standardize test scores (Which I'm waiting to take the ASTB for the last time in December and submit for the January Review) my stats are acceptable for either the INTEL or SWO program:

3.33 GPA in Political Science and History from the University of Florida
Outstanding PRT (105 sit-ups, 88 push-ups, 9:28 1.5 mile)
Member of UF's wrestling practice team, Officer in Pi Sigma Alpha (Poli Sci Honors Society), Member of Gators for Sustainable Campus, High School I was in three sports (Cross Country, Wrestling, Track), in High School I was a member of Chemistry Honors Society and National Honors Society
LOR's from all my previous employers, one state attorney, one spinal surgeon, one retired colonel from the Air Force, one retired Master Chief, one Captain in the Air Force, one retired Sergent from the Marines, two of my previous UF professors (one's retired and written a number of books, the other is a law professor and history professor (has a JD and PHD))

Like I said my only weakness is my ASTB scores. My first scores were a 47 3/3/4 and took it a second time and received a 44 4/4/3. Even before UF, my SAT was a 1050 and ACT was a 20 (like I said, standardize tests are my weakness) So I am waiting to take the ASTB in december and am wondering what else can improve my chances and likelihood for acceptance? My brother mentioned volunteer work and I wondered how much that can help me and will gladly take any other suggestions.

BullGator

Are you applying for SWO and Intel only? I have the cell number for a Lt officer recruiter in Gainesville if you haven't talked to one already. Volunteer service does certainly help. Now, and until you take the ASTB: study very hard for it every day. Did you have problems with the time limits or content of the ASTB? Good luck, and PM me if you need help with the ASTB or that cell number.

gatorchris08

What designators are you applying for? I have the cell number for a Lt officer recruiter in Gainesville if you haven't talked to one already. Volunteer service does certainly help. Now, and until you take the ASTB: study very hard for it every day. Did you have problems with the time limits or content of the ASTB? Good luck, and PM me if you need help with the ASTB or that cell number.

In all honesty, I haven't done any math or physics in 4 years (completed all of them with AP courses and dual enrollment in high school). Other than that, I was honestly shocked to do so badly the second time so I am studying diligently until my exam date of December 17th. I've kept in touch the recruiter in Gainesville and he's the one that recommended that I wait. I edited my post before you read the edited post but I'm applying for Intel and SWO.

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
I'm applying SNA in the Nov. board, and have a question for you ladies and gents. Does earning a bachelors from a military college get any brownie points with the board? I understand its appeal is totally in the minds of the board members, but I thought someone may have made a note of those selected in the past. I believe that I speak for the majority of applicants when I say that I will take it any way I can get it. Thank you for your replies.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I don't think they take into consideration your school at all when reviewing your package. There really is no way to compare where everyone got their degree, so any attempt to do so would prove to be unfair in my opinion. From what I've heard the board hardly even looks at your degree besides to note if it is tech / non-tech.

Who knows though, half the selection board might be alum's of your college, or half of them might have been arch rivals of yours. In that sense i'm sure they try to be as unbiased as possible.

Others have mentioned that they think going to Embry Riddle gives them an upper hand, and the response was a resounding negatory on that one. So to answer your question, no, I don't think it will give you any advantage.

BullGator

p_crabb13, what school did you go to?

And per an OR's paraphrased words: they do take into consideration your school when reviewing your package if you went to any of the "more-difficult" universities, when looking at GPA at least. (I sure hope so because UF is a great school from academic standards, but not really what he was referring to ( I think he was talking more along the lines of Ivy league schools).)

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
Texas A&M University, more particularly the Corps of Cadets. I had the honor of being my unit's commander. I understand where the ivy league situation would be weighted a little bit different, but I was kinda hoping for more knowledge/history of selects from the military college arena. Long before I applied, I spoke with a Lt. that took the same route that I am hoping to forgo. He told me that OCS was a joke compared to the freshman "fish" year. Although I do believe that I learned valuable things from my year of followership, I think he was more of a "hotshot" know-it-all boasting about himself. I feel that come OCS time (whenever that may be) I'm going to be on the EXACT same level playing ground as all the candidates, including the prior E's. I guess my point boils down to this... I know military colleges shouldn't be weighted, but it sure would be nice if they were! :D It's coming down to the last couple of weeks, and my utter confidence of my app is slowly diluting. HA! At least I can laugh about it though. Any more info on this subject would be appreciated; otherwise, thanks for the posts and good luck to all!