• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

craftynation

Has anyone else heard if they made the boards this month? Actually an even better question: has anyone heard that they did not make the boards who turned their packet in before October 31st?

IM in for all three of my selections sna and swo and swo krypto[i think...my or did this one]

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I actually really did hear that the December boards are not meeting and being pushed to January. Can any of you confirm with your recruiters?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well then that's that. Also, people applying straight OCS that aren't BDCP...are they considered DCO even if it is for pilot or nfo? I heard after the next boards they will be doing away with that and only doing BDCP.

Meaning (since there is no Dec. board) that the January '09 board is the last for people wanting to go to OCS that are not BDCP.

nugget61

pilot
^I'd copy that in the stupid questions thread to get some worthwhile answers. I hope they don't do that though, thats a lot of potential that they'd be ignoring.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well this is from my recruiter. She says it does not make sense either but it's "something they are trying in 2009" from her words. It just makes no sense, and I didn't know I was considered DCO. I thought DCO was for special billets (ie Oceanographers).

Goob83

None
Well this is from my recruiter. She says it does not make sense either but it's "something they are trying in 2009" from her words. It just makes no sense, and I didn't know I was considered DCO. I thought DCO was for special billets (ie Oceanographers).

You or your recruiter are mistaken or misinformed and confusing terms. Propably your recruiter is not too swift and does not understand things herself. She has confused Reserve programs with active duty or you misunderstood something.

The selection rates for Direct accession (OCS) will not change. Many DCO reserve officer selections will close out after one selection board because they basically accept as many as they need for the upcoming year from a very large pool of applicants. For instance there will be no DCO Reserve SUPPLY board this year because they selected all they needed last year for this year. Too involved for me to carry on about.

That being said someone stated the DEC Boards for OCS are canx that is true many of them will be put off till Jan but there are a few that will meet during december. SWO PILOT NFO will not meet.

Does anyone know why the december boards will be cancelled? With the new 50 apps per month will january have 100 to make up for it?

Goob83

None
Does anyone know why the december boards will be cancelled? With the new 50 apps per month will january have 100 to make up for it?
they do it every year no big deal and no there wil not have more people at the board. BUTTTT that 50 thing at the board was suppose to end in DEC as it was only and experiment. HOpefully it failed and there will be 100 at the board. you must remeber if they put more up and select same number the selection rate goes down. That is not the goal the goal is to have selection rate increase and they can do this by reducing the amount of applications considered at each board thus the 50 to board rule was put in place.now for the last three months they have averaged about a 50% selection rate that will boost the annual rate to above the norm of 18%. should they choose to keep this policy the selection rates will sky to never hit highs. I am not sure what number they want advertise but you can be sure what every number is set they can achieve it easily by limiting the number of kit at board each month.

I hope this makes sense to you. Simple math

BullGator

50 is an arbitrary number, we don't know the actual numbers and so far I have only heard of NFO applicants getting tabled: that is another reason why yesterday I asked if anyone submitted by October 31st and did not make the November boards.

They are cancelled because of the holidays directly after; as Goob83 said (an OR) most are cancelled, according to another OR (aemartin on NavyOCS.com): the CEC boards will still meet in December. Aemartin also stated that in order to be seen for the January boards, you must have your package submitted by December 15th.

Why would they want to do that? If what you are saying is true they will be forcing themselves to select less qualified candidates to meet the numbers. The high guys with better packages will be waiting in line behind people with crappy ones who happened to apply sooner.