• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

BullGator

...Never to early.

Applying SNA only.

25/male.
2.91 GPA in zoology from UF: -Letter of "explanation for college GPA" included.
ASTB: 58, 7, 7, 8.

6 LORs:
(1) O-6 Marine -Naval Aviator, currently a CEO.
(1) O-3 Navy -Naval Aviator, a retired periodontist. Current employer.
(2) Life-long family friends with good professions.
(1) Vice principle of HS.
(1) Professor, English.

Activities: A lot of volunteer work, HS varsity football, college intramural basketball, and too many HS clubs to mention.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Nice, I was waiting for this to start up. Heres my stats from my profile:

BDCP - SNA Only
21 years old
3.3 GPA Aerospace Engineering @ UCF (Grad: Dec 2010)
8/9/8 61 ASTB
Good Medium PRT (11:20 / PU 55 / SU 74)
3+ Years Internship w/ General Dynamics (incl. Clearance)
LORs: Family friend, professor, Co-workers
1.5 Flight Hours
Misc:
-4 years HS Lacrosse, 1 yr as captain
-100+ community service hours
-National Honor Society for 2 years in HS
-Lead Scholars, 1 year college
-Students for the Exploration & Development of Space (SEDS), college club

My package was officially sent in sometime last week, so barring any problems with the processing I should definitely make it to this board. I sent in all my medical records to MEPS, so hopefully theres no problem there and I can get my physical done sometime his month. Next month can't come any sooner, if I get selected I can finally quit my job! Good luck to everyone!

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
That is a bummer that you guys didn't make it... I feel your pain. I was bumped from August to September, but I didn't find out until September 1st (long story short, I was going for Supply, which met at the end of August) so an additional 2 weeks for my SWO and SNA results wasn't that bad. I was going to have to wait for those results anyways, and it worked out, I wanted SWO and got it... so stick in there, keep the morale alive, keep posting.

I almost feel guilty about my Final select coming in a few weeks... almost. :icon_smil Good luck guys!

jdw006

5-5-4-55
SNA, INTEL, SWO
Excellent medium PRT
3.6 Political Science SHSU August 08 (3.9 major, 3.7 minor)
College rugby
Varsity football (captain of playoff team, 2nd team academic all-state) track (anchor leg relays)
Cum Laude, Pi Sigma Alpha (POLISCI honor society), Phi Theta Kappa (2 yr honor society), youth football assistant head coach
LORs: E6 Army Vietnam, E3 Marines Vietnam, Professor worked for years at NORAD and son of Korean war Naval Aviator

I think I have a small chance at SNA, but I wouldn't be upset with INTEL/SWO at all either. Glad they look at "the whole package" and not just ASTB :icon_tong

gatorjake18

I posted this on the October thread, but I am sure that I am going to be in the November board at the earliest.

Applying SNA only

-22 yr old male
-3.2 GPA University of Florida (History) May '09 grad date
-6/7/6 48 (had 8/7/6 50 first time but made the mistake of retaking before finals:()
- 50 pushup/85 sit up/9:37 1.5 mile
-Extracurriculars:
Eagle scout
National Honor Society
4 years baseball (2 yrs captain)
CC baseball 1 yr
1400 flight hours (Commercial ASEL/AMEL CFI/CFII)
500 dual given
500 PIC turbine (cessna caravan)
currently cargo pilot for Lifesouth blood center and flight instructor
-LORs:
(1)Navy 0-6 (topgun/CAG/former ROTC commander)
(2) AF O-6 (KC-135/former ROTC commander)
(3) Active O-6 (MH-53 pilot)
(4) Marine NFO and flight school manager
(5) FAA examiner and retired UH-1 pilot

I applied and wasn't selected for BDCP last winter. I am hoping to get an SNA OCS slot by this summer. I still have 2 more semester grades and an attempt at the ASTB in my pocket, but I would like to have a little less stressful last 2 semesters.

McBuff

Sees the light
I've been waiting for months to post this!

25/M
Applying SNA/SNFO/SWO

BS in Health Sciences
GPA: 3.46
ASTB: 58 8/9/9

PRT: not officially taken but should be Good-Low
I know it sounds weak but I've come a long way

Solid LORs:
Ret O-5
Professor
Physician with whom I work
3 rockin employment references

Extras:
College Rifle team(club), approx 10h community service
PPL approx 80h
3 years experience as an EMT-Paramedic
PRK in 8/08 with no complications

Bad things:
Experimental Marijuana use
I got an F in an online class during my 3rd year

I'm hoping for the November boards. If not then at least I have another month to improve my PT.

Good Luck everyone!

oldballs

Package sent off Sept 10th, first time... was no boarded for Oct for following stupid advice given by people whom are not supposed to give stupid advice. Applied for STA-21 twice but had to finish my degree on my own. Assuming now that I'm up for the Nov board from what the processor said.

30 years old, just over 3 years in as nuclear machinist mate. Made 2nd class in under 2 years.

Applying for Supply, SWO, and NFO.

Interviews with O-4 supply, O-4select SWO, O-4 sub nuke. All great write ups.

CO interview was great, great write up.

B.S. in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Excelsior College with most course work completed at Auburn University. 3.0 GPA. (big negative is bad grades the first go around at Auburn). Accepted into graduate school for MBA.

OAR: 62 7/7/8 ASTB: 99 ACT: 30

Last 3 PRT's: Outstanding medium, outstanding low, outstanding low

LOR's: Current civilian boss, professor, retired SWO O-5.

Active in command athletic events, volunteering, section MWR rep., etc.

All in all I think I have a great package vice the crappy grades before enlisting and being 30. Hoping for the best. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I was honest on my application about experimentation with drugs. My recruiter believed it would not hold me back since the rest of my applications was strong. best of luck

Same, I tried pot once and put that on my form. I already have a clearance and was honest when that was being investigated, so it's on my 'record' anyways. I don't think experimentation is a deal breaker unless it's more than 10 times, which pretty much makes it no longer experimenting. Thats the number I was told at least.

dcsv410

25 Male from TN

Applied SNA/SFO

ASTB 66/8/8/8

BS Aerospace Admin from MTSU 3.31 GPA
25 logged flight hours
LOR O-6 ret. USAF/ current boss
O-5 ret. Navy
O-5 ret. Army/ college prof.
2 former boss (1 is CEO tech co.)

Haven't done PRT yet but I am in good-med. range
Already done at MEPS
Soon as I do PRT everything goes. Can't wait.

bigT86

Final Select SNA
Nov 08 boards

My recruiter said I'll make the November Boards as well. Looks like some strong candidates this month, and best of luck to all of you. My stats are:

Applying: 1. SNA 2. SNFO
ASTB: 50 5/5/6
GPA: 3.81 from Kennesaw State University (finish this December)
Degree: Finance
LOR's: Professor, Dean of College, Current Employer, Retired AF Sgt.
Physical: Already passed a complete flight physical at NAMI Pensacola and have yet to take the PRT

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
For those of you who put down drug experimentation, was it within the time frame given (7 years)? What if it occurred over 20 years ago? Do you still put it down?