• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

BullGator

I'm a third class Aviation Electronics Technician (AT3) with just over a year in, and I was wondering if my scores are competitive. This was my first attempt and I'm still trying to get my package ready, but want to submit it A.S.A.P. since I'm nearing 27. Also, is there anything else I can do to boost my chances.

Applying for Naval Aviator / NFO

26 Male
ASTB: 6/7/6/56
ASVAB:95
PRT: 80/80/10:30
GPA: 3.01 from U of M (Ole Miss) in '05
Degree: Bachelor of Fine Arts
College Editorial Cartoonist for 2 years
LOR: Should be able to get a LDO 0-4, and maybe an active 0-8 if super lucky.

I was never very athletic; but only from a lack of interest not ability.
I believe you're competitive. I would ask your OR what you can do to boost your chances. The one thing that I can think of that doesn't take much time is to get interviews from NA and NFO naval officers on your application too: you will need to ask your OR about specifics or if he/she can set up any appointments to have interviews.

blakaccl1

NO prior service
24 years old
Bachelors degree in Business Administration from University of Florida
3.07 GPA
7/6/7 OAR 61
Played football 4 years (co-captain), wrestling 1 year and track 3 years (co-captain)in H.S.
couple clubs in H.S.
Intramural football, and basketball in college
One prior Job after College

PT - run 12 minutes...pushups 71...situps 76

LOR's Old family friend(retired Naval), 2 H.S. AP teachers, Old football coach, another family friend, U.S. Senator NElson Recommendation Letter. None from Employers

Pro-Rec for Supply in October, got tabled for November NFO board.

I'm still anxious about the NFO spot, but atleast now i know there was nothing wrong with my application and the supply board seemed to like it...hopefully NFO board will think the same. Now for Meps and background check, so if i do get chosen I can get final select alot quicker. Good luck to everyone.

MTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTC
Since I'm applying for CEC only I didn't have to take the ASTB.

I thought that it was a requirement for OCS... or would you go to the 4 week direct appointment course?

CEC still goes to OCS, I think because of the degree requirements to apply for CEC they don't make you take the ASTB. I guess they think if you have an accredited engineering or architecture degree then you're good to go for what you'll be doing in the CEC. Maybe someone else who knows better can provide a better answer.

ozlander03

Pro-Rec SNA
Nov Board Stats

I've been lurking on AW for a few weeks, but I'm hopefully going to make the Nov boards, so I'll make my first post with my stats.

23 years old
BS Computer Science - Virginia Military Institute
3.91 GPA
7/6/8 OAR 61

PRT - 75 pu/ 95su/ 9:32 1.5 mile

Good luck to everyone on the NOV board, and thanks to all for some great information that helped a lot while going through the application process.

grant_davis

I've been lurking on AW for a few weeks, but I'm hopefully going to make the Nov boards, so I'll make my first post with my stats.

23 years old
BS Computer Science - Virginia Military Institute
3.91 GPA
7/6/8 OAR 61

PRT - 75 pu/ 95su/ 9:32 1.5 mile

Good luck to everyone on the NOV board, and thanks to all for some great information that helped a lot while going through the application process.

Nice stats, what are you going for?

ozlander03

Pro-Rec SNA
Thanks Grant Davis..Yea, I guess it would help to post what I'm going for eh? I'm only applying for Naval Aviator. It's what I've always wanted to do, so lets hope this turns out good.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
I am hoping to make the November boards as well.

Applying SNA, NFO
21 years old
3.6 GPA Mechanical Engineering
6,7,7 55 ASTB (kinda disappointed but I was dumb and took it during Mid-terms)
LOR's: Marine O-6, Marine E-8, Two current bosses, and a professor
Haven't taken the PRT yet but it should be Good Medium-High

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
ozlander03, it's good to see someone from another military college!

Does anyone know how much prior leadership positions help out? I would assume that it's determined by the board... and what side of the bed they wake up on that day.

BullGator

Does anyone know how much prior leadership positions help out? I would assume that it's determined by the board... and what side of the bed they wake up on that day.
It helps out a lot. Put it in with your application and/or personal statement. Or did you already apply? (-I think I saw you in the Oct boards thread...)

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
Applying for SNA only

25 years old
Prior enlisted in the Marines for 5 years (Sergeant - Radio Technician)
B.S. in Psychology - 3.94 GPA (Summa Cum Laude)
Phi Kappa Phi (top 10% GPA at University)
Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society)
Alpha Phi Sigma (Criminal Justice Honor Society)
Department of Psychology Outstanding Student of the Year
Mock Trial Team
ASTB: 5,6,6 46 (Not pleased with my performance)
LOR: three from professors and one from a family friend
PRT: Outstanding Medium
Completed MEPS

I have other military stuff as well.

TopShot

BDCP SNA

I imagine they help a good bit. I wrote about everything I showed leadership in from JROTC up to my current job.

grant_davis

Finally got my packet in today:
Applying BDCP SNA
21 years old
3.67 GPA Dual Marketing and Management
5 6 5 49 (Re-took today, OAR dropped from 51 :( but other FOFAR up a point)
LOR's Two Army O-5's (Long time family friends), Dean (My employer I work at the school), Former Employer retired AF, Retired NA.
Took the PRT with the Marines and scored High but have not taken with Navy yet.
Wish my scores were higher but the whole person approach is definitely going to help.

Anyone know if there is a chance of getting selected SNA with a OAR below 50?

BullGator

Finally got my packet in today:
Applying BDCP SNA
21 years old
3.67 GPA Dual Marketing and Management
5 6 5 49 (Re-took today, OAR dropped from 51 :( but other FOFAR up a point)
LOR's Two Army O-5's (Long time family friends), Dean (My employer I work at the school), Former Employer retired AF, Retired NA.
Took the PRT with the Marines and scored High but have not taken with Navy yet.
Wish my scores were higher but the whole person approach is definitely going to help.

Anyone know if there is a chance of getting selected SNA with a OAR below 50?
You'll know in a month, all you can do is apply and hope in the mean time. Good luck man.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Got my MEPS done today in Tampa. I woke up an hour late, drove my ass off to turn a 2 hour drive into a 1.5 hour drive, and made it right in time. I was in such a rush that I didn't wear underwear, which is apparently a rule. I got to wear some whitey tighteys compliments of Uncle Sam (actually I have to return the debt by sending a pack of 3). So nevertheless I didn't get there completely stress free and my blood pressure / heart rate reading proved this. I got DQ'd for both, after 4 checks. I failed, passed, failed, and then passed. So it was definitely just my nerves, but thanks to that I have to go get some readings from a local doc 3 days in a row, twice a day, and send it up to the Navy gods for review. Oh well, it should be finished up before the board meets anyways. I have a heart murmur as well, so the doc's recommended me for a waiver so hopefully that goes through without any issues as well.