• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

TTUalumn07

Probably won't make the Nov. boards....but today did a practice PFT. 22:16 Run, 55 crunches, and 6 Pullups...yes those are weak...but I have come a long way in the last two months. Next step, the ASTB and Medical screening.

Wish me luck. You guys have been a real help to me so far.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Probably won't make the Nov. boards....but today did a practice PFT. 22:16 Run, 55 crunches, and 6 Pullups...yes those are weak...but I have come a long way in the last two months. Next step, the ASTB and Medical screening.

Wish me luck. You guys have been a real help to me so far.

Pullups? What did you do those for? And is that 22:16 run for 1.5 miles? Sounds like you've got some work do there, having to nearly cut your time in half. I'm guessing you've started a workout plan though. You don't want to get pro-rec'd and then not get the final select just because of the PRT.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Pullups? What did you do those for? And is that 22:16 run for 1.5 miles? Sounds like you've got some work do there, having to nearly cut your time in half. I'm guessing you've started a workout plan though. You don't want to get pro-rec'd and then not get the final select just because of the PRT.

Hopefully he's talking about the Marine Corps run.

BullGator

Definitely Marine stats. That's 3 miles, atrickpay. I would try and get your pull ups up a lot: I hear that 15 is a good goal, and then work up from there.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
For what it's worth.....pyramids really got my pull ups "up"....I would do reverse pyramids of 12 and that is what?? 78 pull ups when it is all said and done? I went from like 3 pull ups to almost 20-ish in like a month.

TTUalumn07

Hopefully he's talking about the Marine Corps run.

Yes, I am going for Marine Corps SNA. Yes it's the 3 mile run, instead of the Navy's 1.5 miles.

I hit 1.5 miles in 10 minutes..then slowed down a bit, and almost quit, but kept pushin myself towards a sprinting finish.

TTUalumn07

For what it's worth.....pyramids really got my pull ups "up"....I would do reverse pyramids of 12 and that is what?? 78 pull ups when it is all said and done? I went from like 3 pull ups to almost 20-ish in like a month.

I appreciate it man, I will get to work on those, I'm sure it will benefit.

Thanks again guys for the feedback!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
yeah..i usually mixed it with dips and sit ups and push ups....and rotate each. do 12 and decrease the reps. if you are really hardcore go down to 1 and then back up to 12.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Time flies! I was selected from the November board last year. Completed OCS and now in flight school. Good luck to all applying.

grant_davis

my PRT with the Marines on campus last week. 21 min 3mile. 20pullups 98(I know lame) crunches... I was pretty happy with my score having not ran or anything in a good while... My recruiter (Navy) told me that he would not give me the PRT until after I was selected.. Kinda sucks because I feel like it would boost my package. Any opinions? To be honest I am not even sure if those are considered good scores, and if not that is probably why he would want to wait until after selection.. Thanks for any input.

BullGator

my PRT with the Marines on campus last week. 21 min 3mile. 20pullups 98(I know lame) crunches... I was pretty happy with my score having not ran or anything in a good while... My recruiter (Navy) told me that he would not give me the PRT until after I was selected.. Kinda sucks because I feel like it would boost my package. Any opinions? To be honest I am not even sure if those are considered good scores, and if not that is probably why he would want to wait until after selection.. Thanks for any input.
Got to call BS on this one.

grant_davis

Why?

If you are saying the PRT scores are BS I don't know why. There is a group of Marines on campus and they ran me and did the pull-ups and crunches last week... They said my score was pretty good I just needed 2 more crunches and to shorten my run three minutes... They also said that my pull-ups were going to have to be a bit lower next time.

As far as my recruiter not being in the office and not being there when I took the astb I assure you that is not BS. I took it with the civilian processor.

Why would I lie about my scores on an Internet blog? This site has done nothing but help me and I was just wondering if I should ask my recruiter to consider giving me the PRT before I send in my application.

BullGator

Why?

If you are saying the PRT scores are BS I don't know why. There is a group of Marines on campus and they ran me and did the pull-ups and crunches last week... They said my score was pretty good I just needed 2 more crunches and to shorten my run three minutes... They also said that my pull-ups were going to have to be a bit lower next time.

As far as my recruiter not being in the office and not being there when I took the astb I assure you that is not BS. I took it with the civilian processor.
I was talking about your PRT/PFT marks. So you averaged 7 min miles for 3 miles after "having not ran or anything in a good while... ?" Also, 20 pull-ups and 98 crunches is very high for the same reason. Maybe you could do that, maybe you were a cross-country star in HS and worked on pull-ups and crunches your whole adult-life, and then took "a good while" off and were still able to get those scores: it's just difficult to believe. As for cutting 3 more minutes from a 21 min 3 mile, that will be difficult to say the least.

Edit: I typed this while you edited I see: I would ask your OR to take the PRT as part of your package. My OR is making me take my PRT before since I am applying for SNA, and from what I read yesterday, it is required now but not all ORs are requiring taking the PRT first yet. Ask if you can take it with someone else who will be administering a PRT if your OR is too busy this week.