• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

For those of you who put down drug experimentation, was it within the time frame given (7 years)? What if it occurred over 20 years ago? Do you still put it down?

Damn man, I remember you saying you were near the age limit. Are you saying you were smoking the reefer during recess in elementary school? I probably wouldn't mention that lol!

McBuff

Sees the light
my last use was 6.5 years ago. if it were over seven, I wouldnt put anything. I wouldn't answer a question they didn't ask.

grant_davis

I was told by my OR that the 4 was a dq from SNA... I scored 5 5 4 also.. I have a strong package other than that (3.7 double major, college athletics and decent LOR's) and would rather not take the ASTB again (I here I had the easiest form, 3).. Should I try a different OR or just man up and risk taking it again?

5-5-4-55
SNA, INTEL, SWO
Excellent medium PRT
3.6 Political Science SHSU August 08 (3.9 major, 3.7 minor)
College rugby
Varsity football (captain of playoff team, 2nd team academic all-state) track (anchor leg relays)
Cum Laude, Pi Sigma Alpha (POLISCI honor society), Phi Theta Kappa (2 yr honor society), youth football assistant head coach
LORs: E6 Army Vietnam, E3 Marines Vietnam, Professor worked for years at NORAD and son of Korean war Naval Aviator

I think I have a small chance at SNA, but I wouldn't be upset with INTEL/SWO at all either. Glad they look at "the whole package" and not just ASTB :icon_tong

BullGator

I was told by my OR that the 4 was a dq from SNA... I scored 5 5 4 also.. I have a strong package other than that (3.7 double major, college athletics and decent LOR's) and would rather not take the ASTB again (I here I had the easiest form, 3).. Should I try a different OR or just man up and risk taking it again?
You said (in another post) that you are only applying for SNA. I think you should retake it, but you may as well send in your package before you retake it: it wouldn't hurt since you would be improving your ASTB scores the next month regardless. Who knows, you have a better chance by applying twice (or once if you get lucky) than only applying with higher ASTB scores and then having to wait 6 months to reapply with out any significant improvements.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA

Yeah I would take it again. Get some study guides, read the gouge on here, and buckle down for a week or two. It's worth it.

grant_davis

I planed on retaking it on the 24th of October because my OR said that if you scored under a 5 in any area it was a dq from SNA. I was just curious if my OR just said it was a dq from his experience and people that have and have not gotten accepted or if the board actually just tossed applications with a score under 5 on them..

Either way I plan on retaking the test but as you said if I am not automatically disqualified I should just go ahead and submit an application... My recruiting office is horrible so I have little faith that the information coming out of there is accurate. Thus, I am constantly bothering these threads with post. Thanks again for putting up with me and for all of your help.

coredukes

None
Does anyone know when the deadline for the November packages are?
All I need is my degree completion plan and they wont get off their asses to get it done in a timely fashion.

1.SNA
2.SNFO
3.AMDO
6/7/7 48 OAR
Prior enlisted AF (E-5)
Major: ERUA Pro. Aero.

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
My app was put in today. Hopefully the "whole man concept" is true. I pray that I make the November board.

22/M applying SNA only

3.01 Human Resource Development (Business Minor) from Texas A&M

6/6/7 52 ASTB

Good Medium PRT (10:58/60 pu/67 su)

MEPS gave me the OK

LOR's: O-9 Army, O-5 USAF, O-4 Naval Aviator, E-8 USAF, a Former Employer, and 2 other evaluation forms from other past employers.

OTHER: I was in the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets for 4 years. I held quite a few leadership positions, including the honor of being my unit's commanding officer my senior year. I was in only a few other extracurriculars.

NEGATIVES: No logged flight experience. My freshman year in college I was a little obese and lossed my Air Force Scholarship, this led me to lose a ton of weight and start running A LOT more, and not to mention apply for the Navy!

I have high hopes, and am ready to start my life ASAP. Any suggestions? Should I try to retake my ASTB (it will be the last time I can take it).

nugget61

pilot
Does anyone know when the deadline for the November packages are?
All I need is my degree completion plan and they wont get off their asses to get it done in a timely fashion.

Get 'em in before the first of whatever month you are applying for, and earlier to have a better chance of being reviewed (they have caps to the # reviewed monthly now).
I just did my completion plan on my own and had my adviser OK and sign it...

coredukes

None
I'm going to try and get it by wednesday of next week trust me I'll be banging on their door. I dont think I can wait until the next board in Jan.

Lola

Met with my OR the other day and I'm set for the November boards - going for PAO, SWO, and Supply. Another trip to MEPS in two weeks and PRT in early November.

Good luck guys!!!

BullGator

Met with my OR the other day and I'm set for the November boards - going for PAO, SWO, and Supply. Another trip to MEPS in two weeks and PRT in early November.

Good luck guys!!!
Does the PAO board meet this month? I read that the Public Affairs board only meets (about) one time a year in Oct and they just admit 3 or so candidates. That may be very wrong though: let me know.

Good luck Lola.

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
Seeing as how I weighed in within the standard at MEPS, does anyone think that the board may second guess my ap since I had an overweight issue 4 years ago leading to a rejection of an AF ROTC scholarship? I explained my workout regime in my ap and also that I am on a fairly strict diet. Also, I scored a good-medium on my PRT.

Second, I recieved a LOR from an O-9 ARMY, will this help... or will they view it as just another LOR?

I appreciate your time.

BC

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Seeing as how I weighed in within the standard at MEPS, does anyone think that the board may second guess my ap since I had an overweight issue 4 years ago leading to a rejection of an AF ROTC scholarship? I explained my workout regime in my ap and also that I am on a fairly strict diet. Also, I scored a good-medium on my PRT.

Second, I recieved a LOR from an O-9 ARMY, will this help... or will they view it as just another LOR?

I appreciate your time.

BC

Yes, your over weight past will DQ you immediately... Now did that comment help at all, No. Everyone needs to stop worrying about the past, you can't change it, so what good will it do to stress over it.

For the LORs, I imagine that they are looking for people who have known you awhile and can truly comment on your character. So if you have only known the Lieutenant General for 3 weeks and you met once, it will probably not carry much weight. Though I think that goes for everyone who provides an LOR for you. If time known is not an issue, I believe that AD or former military probably looks better, only because they know what kind of people do well in the military. Just my opinion, I had an O-6 retired Marine Corps Infantry Officer during Vietnam as one of my interviews, he wrote some great things about me. Iwouldn't be surprised if out of respect for his/her military careers that LORs from them are looked upon more highly. How much though? Who knows, probably depends who is sitting on the board making the decision that month.*

BullGator

I appreciate your time.

BC
O-9 (any branch) sounds pretty darn good if, as ASHWND said, he knew you personally.