• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Rolling SWO Board

Squirrel Girl

Welp, just got off the phone with my recruiter... my packet got held up somewhere and somehow I missed this board date. Well shoot.

VWXThrasher378

Welp, just got off the phone with my recruiter... my packet got held up somewhere and somehow I missed this board date. Well shoot.

Bummer man, that seems to happen more often then not. Im considering calling my recruiter as well just to confirm if my packet made alright. Did your OR confirm the board was convening today or tomorrow?

Squirrel Girl

Bummer man, that seems to happen more often then not. Im considering calling my recruiter as well just to confirm if my packet made alright. Did your OR confirm the board was convening today or tomorrow?
It seemed that I knew more about board dates than he did. Oh well, I needed to retake the OAR anyways... maybe this is a blessing.

goldmanharry91

Talked with my recruiter today and he more or less confirmed that the board was taking place today or tomorrow or at least this week.

Hey all, checking in for this board. I submitted my application to my program manager at my command for the enlisted commissioning programs on the 21st. It was submitted and received. My CO and program manager assured me that they received confirmation from MILPERS that the application was submitted in time for the board. This is my second time applying for OCS. First time for SWO. Good luck to all.

-All the best

MR

Checking in.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
B.S. In Aeronautics / Minor Management
A.S. Air Traffic Management and Operations
28 y/0
G.P.A 3.56
Active Duty Air Force 7.5 years
LORs: 0-6 duty chief, 0-4 supervisor, E-6 Superintendent
OAR: 50
Air Traffic Controller, Tower Crew Supervisor,
Waivers: Underage DWI (16 y/o) Expunged, Age Waiver
Will see how this DWI from when I was kid still haunts me...Good luck everyone.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Is there a reason IDC results take longer?
The SWO and Aviation boards happen at NRC and take one working day. Supply Corps and IDC head down the street in Millington to NPC (Navy Personnel Command) and the actual community holds the board themselves. For IDC, they pick through everything, read those transcripts, character references, etc. It's not a stretch for the IDC board to last a week or more. Then, the results travel through the chop chain and eventually get back to NRC for release.

exNavyOffRec

The SWO and Aviation boards happen at NRC and take one working day. Supply Corps and IDC head down the street in Millington to NPC (Navy Personnel Command) and the actual community holds the board themselves. For IDC, they pick through everything, read those transcripts, character references, etc. It's not a stretch for the IDC board to last a week or more. Then, the results travel through the chop chain and eventually get back to NRC for release.

just a few years ago with lower selection numbers those in house boards use to last a week, but easier to do with high selection numbers.

IDC has in the past also had NRC make across the board cuts when the number of applications are high, last time that happened it was an across the board GPA cut.

Squirrel Girl

Thank you so much.