• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Rolling SWO Board

Phoenix19917

Well, I want to say checking in for this one, but I feel every time I have said that before it wasn't actually the case =p

goldmanharry91

Well I guess this is good news! Recruiter told me that I'm finally good to go for submit on October 1. Even had a call with the Executive Officer of my recruiting District last Friday. Ready for the board!

SWOMan

I really want to make this board.... i don't think it's going to happen. My medical doctor has been slouching his duties, and hasn't given me a letter so i can finally go to meps. feeling Feb in the future :(

banjosquirrel

Checking in! It's now been over a year since I first spoke to an OR. Since then, I missed the March board, the June board was cancelled, I graduated from college, my kit was incomplete for the August board, and I moved across the country and got a new OR who is on top of everything! I officially finished signing everything in my kit today at the NRD with the assistance of two very friendly and competent Petty Officers, and now I'm just waiting for LORs from employers and character references to come in since mine for the March board expired long ago (which my OR back home somehow didn't realize). I'm really hoping to finally make this next board and I'm feeling very confident that I will, hopefully with good results!

When I first started coming on AW I was interested in becoming a Navy Officer but knew very little about it or what I wanted to do. Now, I realize that serving as an officer in the Navy is without a doubt the career I want to pursue, and I feel very confident that being a SWO is something I am very suited to and can excel with. I know I've been seeking a spot in OCS for much less time than many people here, but the frustration of missing just a couple of boards has only strengthened my determination to keep at it.

Best of luck to everyone else hoping to make this board! I'd love to see this thread stay active. Although we don't know for certain what our results will be, I'll just continue to memorize everything we need for inspection knowledge and cutting down on my running time (which could surely use some work as I've not been running for pretty much all of the summer).

PS - Today at the NRD the Petty Officers I was speaking with recommended the PBS series special called The Carrier. It's apparently a really good peek into life on an aircraft carrier.

Matthew10

I was Pro rec N for Intel so I'll definitely be in this board. My recruiter said SWO recommended me for board last week. Anyone know what that means? He also stated that the board plans to meet at the end of the month.

SWOMan

it means my chance of getting into this swo board is basically gone.... hello Jan/ feb Board. I hope you get it Matthew

SWOMan

Even if it hasn't.... my packet isn't gonna make it on time. One of my letters of Rec decided to take a trip to Moscow to visit family without sending me my signed letters. My doctor has been holding up the Meps process as well... waiting on a letter from him. He just got back to me after 3 weeks of trying to get a letter... his response was "Ok" still waiting to see what that means. If nothing goes wrong at Meps.... then maybe I have a chance. It sounds like if you want to be a SWO, you are gonna get to be a SWO