• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

mb1685

With a 60 9/9/8 I wouldn't worry too much if I were you! Those are AMAZING scores and I've seen people get picked up with 5s and 6s!

I stressed for ages about the ASTB and needless to say I'm pleasantly surprised with how I did! But I am sweating bullets over my timeline. I need to start OCS by around 10 Jan to commission in time for SNA.

Sarah Kathleen

I stressed for ages about the ASTB and needless to say I'm pleasantly surprised with how I did! But I am sweating bullets over my timeline. I need to start OCS by around 10 Jan to commission in time for SNA.
I put off the ASTB for WAY too long too... And still never studied. I think that was my downfall- I just couldn't get myself to cram it in with school. But my scores turned out okay! So I'm not too worried, I have a few years to reapply. But it seems like they work well with the age critical people! So seriously, don't worry! I'm sure you've got this!

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.

Scores are hell of a lot better than mine LOL, I took 2 months between work, PT time, and trips between states to catchup on things I was rusty on from college days. Working with plants and bacteria with out really applying physics and what not oxidized a few areas of my brain. I went in thinking I probably had to take it again, but hey it turned out well and I hope my experience as an individual helps bolster my packet. But dude, being AGE CRITICAL BLOWS and I am sweating bullets with this timeline stuff. Here's to hoping things workout, as I am not gonna stop if this road block appears.

Last edited:

I got picked up in the last board and my OCS date is 29Nov15. I'm not age critical, so hopefully that gives you some hope of a short Pro Rec Y to OCS timespan.

KnightFlight

Make sure your recruiter pushes for your OCS date hard once you get selected since you are age critical. And don't let them tell you it's not possible, I worked at a recruiters office and have watched it happen. Kid turns 27 4 weeks after expected commission, he's at OCS now. They gave him a 3 week roll buffer.

CellShock

What month is this contingent thinking for the board? Oct, Nov, Dec? At least, I hope Dec would be the upper limit on the range haha. I know the story, boards are held whenever deemed necessary, but I'm just interested in thoughts. Thanks!

MM1 SS/DV

What month is this contingent thinking for the board? Oct, Nov, Dec? At least, I hope Dec would be the upper limit on the range haha. I know the story, boards are held whenever deemed necessary, but I'm just interested in thoughts. Thanks!
My bet would be late November through early December. That is about 8-10 weeks since the previous board.

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
It's a rolling board, so it's anybody's guess.

Since my recruiter told me that they are "tracking my timeline", does that mean I may or may not be able to submit for the next boards due to age? I've tried asking my recruiter but his replies are unclear as to what it might mean for me. All I know is that it is with the processing manager and that they are working together on my packet and focusing on my timeline. Seeing how birthday is early April, if the boards convene in late November or Early December would it be too late for me? What @KnightFlight said was somewhat confirmed by my recruiter, though he would not say an exact yes. Also would I be allowed to get a flight physical with the Marine Corps without actively affecting my status of my packet if submitted, assuming all is okay with my timeline?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Hello Everyone,

Just got off the phone with OR, everything is squared away with my kit and it is awaiting the next review boards. He has been asking around to see when it exactly will be held but his guess is early November. It may not be new news, but at least its something rather than nothing. Also meeting with OSO tomorrow to at least get most of the paperwork out of the way. For those that are age critical it wouldn't hurt to drop-by and get more info. The OSO was extremely prompt and understanding of my position to wait for Navy Boards before I make any decision. If I don't get picked up in these coming boards, the OSO said he'd rush me in since the age limit is 27.5, and almost all my paperwork is already done.

Cheers!
Did they up the age limit?

Mr Spenz

pilot
With a 60 9/9/8 I wouldn't worry too much if I were you! Those are AMAZING scores and I've seen people get picked up with 5s and 6s!
But the ASTB has ultimatly almost no bearing. Its used for a PRO REC and that's it not an indicator for how well you will do.

Mr Spenz

pilot
Make sure your recruiter pushes for your OCS date hard once you get selected since you are age critical. And don't let them tell you it's not possible, I worked at a recruiters office and have watched it happen. Kid turns 27 4 weeks after expected commission, he's at OCS now. They gave him a 3 week roll buffer.
What? I watched a buddy lose aviation because he was turning 27 3 days after commission. If you werent there to see it it prob didnt happen. Doesnt sound like the Navy.