• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

Sarah Kathleen

Checking in for this board!

SNA/ NFO applicant
20, non-prior
ASTB-E: 60, 8, 8, 8
BS Aeronautics, minor in business, 3.51 GPA, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
LORS: Two bosses (one= dean of college of aviation), two professors, College Cross Country coach, two flight instructors
Certificates: Private Pilot, Instrument Pilot, Commerial Multi - 280 hours total time
Work: College of Aviation Student Researcher at ERAU, Paraprofessional
Activities: College XC, College hiking club, and about a million other things my recruiter insisted on including from high school
PT: Marathon runner, weight lifter, swimmer, biker, offered full ride at GCU for soccer
Community Service: Yavapai Humane Society, Feed the Homeless- Phoenix, Elementary coaching, Peer Counseling
MEPS cleared

Good luck to everyone! Now that we've hurried, it's time to wait!

SoopurHero816

SNA/ NFO applicant
20, non-prior
BS Aeronautics, minor in business, 3.51 GPA, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
LORS: Two bosses (one= dean of college of aviation), two professors, College Cross Country coach, two flight instructors
Certificates: Private Pilot, Instrument Pilot, Commerial Multi - 280 hours total time
Activities: College XC, College hiking club, and about a million other things my recruiter insisted on including from high school
PT: Marathon runner, weight lifter, swimmer, biker, offered full ride at GCU for soccer
Community Service: Yavapai Humane Society, Feed the Homeless- Phoenix, Elementary coaching, Peer Counseling
MEPS cleared

I look you and people like you that have those stats, and I think, "man... I have no chance in hell." :(
Great scores! Good luck to you, as well!

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
Kick ass scores! Wonderful background stats, hope you get what you are going for!

SNA/ NFO applicant
20, non-prior
MEPS cleared

RoamingBiologist

I look you and people like you that have those stats, and I think, "man... I have no chance in hell." :(
Great scores! Good luck to you, as well!

Don't give up, your scores are great and hopefully we all get what we are going for! I know if I don't get picked up the Marine Corps have a plane ticket to Pensacola with my name on it to begin the process of applying with them. If one door closes, open another!

SoopurHero816

Don't give up, your scores are great and hopefully we all get what we are going for! I know if I don't get picked up the Marine Corps have a plane ticket to Pensacola with my name on it to begin the process of applying with them. If one door closes, open another!

You state a valid point, sir!

Sarah Kathleen

How do you know they have a ticket with your name on it? Just wondering that is :)

RoamingBiologist

How do you know they have a ticket with your name on it? Just wondering that is :)

More of an optimistic phrase, but the flight physical is done at Pensacola before Marine OCS and is part of processing, so I am pumping myself up for getting a slot (at least that's what I was told). OSO is a nice dude, and I am going tomorrow to finish up most of the paperwork, he believes applicants like myself and others with similar experience/scores have a really good shot at getting picked up. He knows I am waiting on these boards, plus given my age, if I don't make it I am left with no other choice but to go with them (really not a bad alternative its the Marines!). The recruiter literally finished most of my packet in 3 days, but he is aware I am sitting till these boards come and go. If this door closes, the next door is ready and waiting with a high probability of getting picked up. Not entirely sure I answered your question, but It's more of a way for me to know my desire of becoming an officer and an aviator isn't a pipedream.

Sarah Kathleen

More of an optimistic phrase, but the flight physical is done at Pensacola before Marine OCS and is part of processing, so I am pumping myself up for getting a slot (at least that's what I was told). OSO is a nice dude, and I am going tomorrow to finish up most of the paperwork, he believes applicants like myself and others with similar experience/scores have a really good shot at getting picked up. He knows I am waiting on these boards, plus given my age, if I don't make it I am left with no other choice but to go with them (really not a bad alternative its the Marines!). The recruiter literally finished most of my packet in 3 days, but he is aware I am sitting till these boards come and go. If this door closes, the next door is ready and waiting with a high probability of getting picked up. Not entirely sure I answered your question, but It's more of a way for me to know my desire of becoming an officer and an aviator isn't a pipedream.
Did you do the PFT? I was originally Marine Corps, until a drunk driver hit me and broke my pelvis- taking my PFT score from a 300 to a 278- I was told my PFT score was no longer competitive... I guess they're really big on that :p

RoamingBiologist

Did you do the PFT? I was originally Marine Corps, until a drunk driver hit me and broke my pelvis- taking my PFT score from a 300 to a 278- I was told my PFT score was no longer competitive... I guess they're really big on that :p

Not yet (that's part of tomorrows discussion with OSO), not the fastest runner in the world, but I can crank out pushups, pullups (climber), and situps like no tomorrow. Done combat arts for a good chunk of my life, so I use that combined with hiking (work related), swimming, traversing, and cycling to build my cardio. I know for sure I gotta get my ass back into my running rhythm from earlier days (old man and all, my current 25min40sec 3miles is slow as hell, and that's a good day when the moons align)!

Sarah Kathleen

Not yet (that's part of tomorrows discussion with OSO), not the fastest runner in the world, but I can crank out pushups, pullups (climber), and situps like no tomorrow. Done combat arts for a good chunk of my life, so I use that combined with hiking (work related), swimming, traversing, and cycling to build my cardio. I know for sure I gotta get my ass back into my running rhythm from earlier days (old man and all, my current 25min40sec 3miles is slow as hell, and that's a good day when the moons align)!
Just try to get a first class and you'll be fine! I just wanted to make sure the recruiter wasn't blowing smoke up your ... haha. They seem to do that a lot. But good luck! Never settle for less than what you want though!

SoopurHero816

I previously applied for USMC aviation, and before I could go to meps they told me I disqualified because I had flat feet. They are pretty picky from what I noticed. I have had multiple people say it was bull, but I wasn't going to get hostile about it. Everything happens for a reason!

RoamingBiologist

Just try to get a first class and you'll be fine! I just wanted to make sure the recruiter wasn't blowing smoke up your ... haha. They seem to do that a lot. But good luck! Never settle for less than what you want though!

I think all recruiters in some form or another blow sunshine and rainbows up the rear-hatch (no offense to any recruiters here, nothing wrong with good salesmanship), I am gonna be pretty straight forward with the OSO and see how my options stack up. Trust me, he was saying how he has a 96% success rate in getting applicants to OCS, if that wasn't rainbows and sunshine then I don't know what is then.