• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nov-Dec 2015 Pilot NFO Rolling Board

mb1685

But the ASTB has ultimatly almost no bearing. Its used for a PRO REC and that's it not an indicator for how well you will do.

No one in this thread is really talking about how well we'll do in flight school, we're just talking about getting selected.

Did they up the age limit?

I believe he's talking about also applying with the USMC, and I believe they have a slightly higher age limit for SNA.

mb1685

What? I watched a buddy lose aviation because he was turning 27 3 days after commission. If you werent there to see it it prob didnt happen. Doesnt sound like the Navy.

I was doing some research a few weeks ago and saw that @ugamilit was selected for SNA during the June board and his prior service age waiver was good up until 7 Nov. He was able to get into the 26 Jul class, which means that if he didn't roll, he should be graduating two days from now (assuming graduation is exactly 12 weeks from the start date), which would be about 3 weeks before the age waiver runs out. I believe @varlogkern also managed to make a very tight timeline work for him too and is now commissioned and just finished IFS.

Last edited:

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I was doing some research a few weeks ago and saw that @ugamilit was selected for SNA during the June board and his prior service age waiver was good up until 11 Nov. He was able to get into the 26 Jul class, which means that if he didn't roll, he should be graduating two days from now (assuming graduation is exactly 12 weeks from the start date), which would be about 3 weeks before the age waiver runs out. I believe @varlogkern managed to make a very tight timeline work for him too and is now commissioned and just finished IFS.
That works. He made it sound like he wasnt going to make it in time but there were going to allow him to still commission.

RoamingBiologist

Flying out deep into the wilderness.
No one in this thread is really talking about how well we'll do in flight school, we're just talking about getting selected.

I believe he's talking about also applying with the USMC, and I believe they have a slightly higher age limit for SNA.

Yep it is 27.5, I'd go through any amount of intense training to be given a shot to become an officer and an aviator. 10weeks + 6months + 6weeks API would seem like a DREAM come true, a painful one, but a dream come true nonetheless. I just don't wanna hold off the OSO too long and find both doors slammed straight in my face because of "tracking my timeline".

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
Age isn't much of a factor for me, but my job is. I wonder how long my current employer wants to keep me around now that they know I'm one foot out the door trying to join the military....

RoamingBiologist

Age isn't much of a factor for me, but my job is. I wonder how long my current employer wants to keep me around now that they know I'm one foot out the door trying to join the military....
I worried about that as well, but I elected to not say anything to my other employer until I get that Pro-rec.

Last edited:

Joshua Owen

Did you have to tell them for LOR or something? My employer doesn't know and I intend to keep it that way until I am selected and receive the final letter.

RoamingBiologist

Did you have to tell them for LOR or something? My employer doesn't know and I intend to keep it that way until I am selected and receive the final letter.
I worked at 2 different places, one of them was really supportive, the other I was recently hired. So I decided to be selective as I need the money and I already got the LORs: one from a current employer, the other from a past employer and professor. Recruiter said it was fine, OSO said it was fine, so I think it's fine.

exNavyOffRec

Why would you tell them? If you decided to look for another civilian job would you walk in and tell your boss "hey I just wanted you to know I just put in an application at Google"

exNavyOffRec

I listed my supervisor on the NASIS form and I thought the news would come better from me as opposed to hearing about it during my background check.

Until you receive a pro Y the NRD shouldn't submit your for background check, which means they won't contact anyone, your recruiter should have explained this.

RoamingBiologist

Btw @NavyOffRec, maybe you have experience in this matter. I've kept in contact with my recruiter, but he doesn't know much about the "tracking my timeline" process (Its with processing manager). I've gotten some insight from a few posts here and there, but what does that really entail? My assumption is, depending on when the boards are held, and class space availability determines if I can even apply for SNA/SNFO. Other than that I've got nothing. B-day is early April

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
That's definitely different than how my recruiter explained it :confused:

On the other hand, a lot of the management where I work are ex-military and have been really supportive since I've told them my intentions.

exNavyOffRec

Btw @NavyOffRec, maybe you have experience in this matter. I've kept in contact with my recruiter, but he doesn't know much about the "tracking my timeline" process (Its with processing manager). I've gotten some insight from a few posts here and there, but what does that really entail? My assumption is, depending on when the boards are held, and class space availability determines if I can even apply for SNA/SNFO. Other than that I've got nothing. B-day is early April

until you are pro Y there is nothing to track, the program manager can't do anything until the board is held.

an early April birthday (how early?) means you need to be in the first Jan OCS class, so you need the board to be held ASAP

RoamingBiologist

until you are pro Y there is nothing to track, the program manager can't do anything until the board is held.

an early April birthday (how early?) means you need to be in the first Jan OCS class, so you need the board to be held ASAP
The 8th, that shit has me sweating blood like Jesus Christ. I already have 90% of the paperwork done with the OSO incase of non-selection, but I really freaking hope these boards meet in November. I wanna know if the Navy says "YES" or "NOPE" so I can transfer my stuff to the OSO in time for the flight physical the 6th of Jan.