• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more stickers...FINALLY!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I don't know about that. At 32nd street in the summer of '11 I took my brand new model year 2011 car, purchased new 5 months previously and still got rejected until I got smog tested.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Base security gonna base security. It may be base by base (I don't know), but I looked up the regs that applied to me while I was in CA and they had 6 yr old or newer cars being exempt. No idea what 32nd has as a rule, but I bet nobody in their office knows either.

Malo83

Keep the Faith
I recently got two new stickers for my wifes & my vehicles at NAB Coronado. Not a mention of a smog check requirement. What am I missing ???
No problem here getting a sticker for the wifes 2000 Blazer at NAS. Lemoore ;)
This is the first time I heard of this, smog check for a sticker :rolleyes:

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I remember MB talking about it awhile back while he was in CA (I think) since he had all sorts of ass pain with his truck and getting stickers/checks, despite being stock.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
This is all news to me. Miramar never have me any static with out-of-state plates, smog checks, or anything.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is all news to me. Miramar never have me any static with out-of-state plates, smog checks, or anything.

Interesting. When I first moved here, I was getting a temp pass for my girlfriend's car at Miramar and on the sign in the office, it said one of the requirements was a smog check. I asked if that was true for out of state plates and he said yes. I get the sneaky suspicion that not every worker bee actually knows what's supposed to be done. A crazy thought, I know.

Nowadays, the guards at Miramar let me on with nothing more than an ID. They don't seem to care about stickers anymore.

Fun fact: the Marine bases are not under NAVREGSW (since they're run by the Marines). So if you lose your Navy base privileges (say, for a DUI), you can still legally go onto the Marine bases in your vehicle.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah I would second that I don't think everyone in the Miramar security office was on the same page. Also, it only became an issue for me when I bought a new (to me) car without decals. I don't think I ever got any heat for my old car with Meridian tags, and they also didn't mention smog to me when I got it registered......either they didn't realize it was older than the exemption cut off, or there was a lack of standardization.