• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO's instructing at Meridian/Kingsville

Tom

pilot
Contributor
yep, Kingsville has contract FCF pilots... there are still a couple IP's with FCF qual's but they aren't making more IP FCF pilots. If a jet breaks on the road or on det & requires an FCF, out comes the contractor! Might as well hire contractors as IP's... that way they'll have more pilots available to use for even more useless IA billets!

Vapes ... did you happen to ask him how much he makes ... :) good money to FCF jets for a living .... and full time T-45 sim dudes are making close to, if not more, than 6 figures these days...

anybody else hear the rumor about TW-1 & TW-2 merging into one wing under one commodore.......???

S/F
Word on the street is that staff jobs need to be cut so the wings would be combined, yet keeping NAS Kingsville. It would be TW-1 and the only difference would be in the wing billets.

Word on the street is that staff jobs need to be cut so the wings would be combined, yet keeping NAS Kingsville. It would be TW-1 and the only difference would be in the wing billets.

Heard the same thing a few years back....when BRAC was still an issue. I am sure things have changed regarding policy and thoughts, but back then the "talk" was to combine the Wings, but not combine the bases/squadrons (as it is just not feasibly possible to fly those kind of sorties the two wings fly from one base and airspace).

The discussion was to keep both bases but majority of the work done out of Kingsville (staff and admin wise) due to close proximity to CNATRA headquarters. The biggest issue at the time was Standardization. Too many times it was nearly impossible (for whatever reason) to get everyone together to discuss stan issues, MCG, curriculumn etc etc. There was such a disparity between how the two wings conducted business, that it was thought that with one wing, one Commodore, one stan blah blah blah...but agument Meridian with a det of Wing staff, so essentially one staff and only one chain of command. Then whole subject of Meridian Wing being so far away (pre VTC era) that it wasn't as easy for Meridian Commodore and CNATRA 1 to talk and discuss issues. Would always have to fly cross country etc.

This was all "talk" over 5 years ago. They even went as far as drafting a plan to move all T-34 to Whiting, T-44 to P-cola, and all T-45 to south texas Corpus...with Kingsville and Organge grove possibly new base for Super Hornets. Now is that a good idea? That's what people above my paygrade get paid to decide but that was the big buzz years back.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Heard the same thing a few years back....when BRAC was still an issue. I am sure things have changed regarding policy and thoughts, but back then the "talk" was to combine the Wings, but not combine the bases/squadrons (as it is just not feasibly possible to fly those kind of sorties the two wings fly from one base and airspace).

The discussion was to keep both bases but majority of the work done out of Kingsville (staff and admin wise) due to close proximity to CNATRA headquarters. The biggest issue at the time was Standardization. Too many times it was nearly impossible (for whatever reason) to get everyone together to discuss stan issues, MCG, curriculumn etc etc. There was such a disparity between how the two wings conducted business, that it was thought that with one wing, one Commodore, one stan blah blah blah...but agument Meridian with a det of Wing staff, so essentially one staff and only one chain of command. Then whole subject of Meridian Wing being so far away (pre VTC era) that it wasn't as easy for Meridian Commodore and CNATRA 1 to talk and discuss issues. Would always have to fly cross country etc.

This was all "talk" over 5 years ago. They even went as far as drafting a plan to move all T-34 to Whiting, T-44 to P-cola, and all T-45 to south texas Corpus...with Kingsville and Organge grove possibly new base for Super Hornets. Now is that a good idea? That's what people above my paygrade get paid to decide but that was the big buzz years back.
The meeting I was in made the issue sound like a matter of when not if. I can imagine the asspain created by something like this will be huge. Thank god it'll be relatively transparent to me.

stickygdm

pilot
The airspace in Krock is jammed, and AFAIK NMM is as bad.

I don't think they could consolidate the squadrons down to 1 base.

The cost savings for making VT 221 probably isn't there, but what do I know?

Ferris and I could thumb wrestle to find out who's in charge!

MasterBates

I think a KingKat contest to decide who gets to be the combined squadron skipper would be better.

Be wary of us E2 types.. We tend to be VERY good at deck spotting for the Kat.

stickygdm

pilot
Hey! That's not a bad idea!

E2 guy better deck spotter than a Hornet guy????? YGTBSM!

You did give that thing a velocity vector, right?

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
VV... hud.. soon we'll all be grabbing the canopy handle with the right hand for the cat shot...

Thread jack anyone?

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Anybody at NMM got an update?

Jarhead, my buddy is the chief pilot... 6 figures.

I just realized how many times the flight doc went up in my backseat around the carrier at night, ran the radar well, sounded good on the ball call, got me needles, could get the lantirn pointing at appropriate stuff, could read the PCL to me when shit broke etc... why don't we have flight docs start instructing students?:D