• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO's instructing at Meridian/Kingsville

jfulginiti

pilot
None
It was to get a work around of single-piloted wx mins.....the S-3 was considered multi-piloted for these purposes only.

The Prowler is considered multi-piloted even though there is only one set of controls.... hence, the NFOs did IGS and an annual instrument check. For the F-18D guys, the instrument check was optional... up to the CO if he wanted them to do it or not. Every NFO does IGS every year regardless of platform... even the E-2 bubbas.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
It was to get a work around of single-piloted wx mins.....the S-3 was considered multi-piloted for these purposes only.

I knew somebody would remember why.. I remember some of the most obscure things and can't remember other crap... I guess the reasoning fell under the "I believe catagory" Plus, it was a good deal flight for pilots. You wouldn't have any jets but somehow they could drug deal one up so as do a NFO instrument check! Kind of like BIS flights for NFOs... Another great deal for pilots.. Hell, I could think of a ton of good deals just to complete NFO training.. Especially back before they came up with that level I, II, III , IV and even V bullshit!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
The P-3 is multipiloted but with multiple pilots.....yet the NFOs do (did? - it's been awhile) instrument checks.

Are I-NFO's going to replace IP's with respect to manning of the VT units? Or they in addition to the manning requirements?

And is the correct title INFO's? :)

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Talked with one of the Civilian Contract T-45 PMCF dudes... broke jets in San Diego, IP's commair home, PMCF dudes come out so IP's produce x's vice hang out for up jets for a day in SD? Where have all the good deals gone?

Im headed to NMM this afternoon, I'll pour a beer for anyone who wants one in the war room, gotta pick up my mug anyways.

Lets see how efed up "the man" made my former world...:icon_rage

Talked with one of the Civilian Contract T-45 PMCF dudes... broke jets in San Diego, IP's commair home, PMCF dudes come out so IP's produce x's vice hang out for up jets for a day in SD? Where have all the good deals gone?

Im headed to NMM this afternoon, I'll pour a beer for anyone who wants one in the war room, gotta pick up my mug anyways.

Lets see how efed up "the man" made my former world...:icon_rage

YOU SERIOUS? I mean are you FREAKING SERIOUS? This is just wrong...and waste fraud and abuse. Explain how the hell you do not bring an FCF pilot on det to cover any issues like this (used to be SOP). Now you have paid for two last minute commair tickets...yeah that helps the cause.

Ok catch me up on this someone please....civilian FCF Pilots? Has VT turned over FCF to contract pilots? Please tell me no. Contracts are killing VT land and production.

MasterBates

Yep. Primary FCFs have been contractors for a while. Usually a Selres dude.

There were some in Krock when I was leaving.. They show up on the sked as "CWOs" because TIMS doesn't speak contractor.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
yep, Kingsville has contract FCF pilots... there are still a couple IP's with FCF qual's but they aren't making more IP FCF pilots. If a jet breaks on the road or on det & requires an FCF, out comes the contractor! Might as well hire contractors as IP's... that way they'll have more pilots available to use for even more useless IA billets!

Vapes ... did you happen to ask him how much he makes ... :) good money to FCF jets for a living .... and full time T-45 sim dudes are making close to, if not more, than 6 figures these days...

anybody else hear the rumor about TW-1 & TW-2 merging into one wing under one commodore.......???

S/F

YOU SERIOUS? I mean are you FREAKING SERIOUS? This is just wrong...and waste fraud and abuse. Explain how the hell you do not bring an FCF pilot on det to cover any issues like this (used to be SOP). Now you have paid for two last minute commair tickets...yeah that helps the cause.

Ok catch me up on this someone please....civilian FCF Pilots? Has VT turned over FCF to contract pilots? Please tell me no. Contracts are killing VT land and production.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
anybody else hear the rumor about TW-1 & TW-2 merging into one wing under one commodore.......???

S/F

Its been in the papers down here for quite a while. I heard something of a permanent Kingsville 'det' of sorts with just moving the wing up to NMM I think, and another one about moving either of the bases to the other location. Of course down here its all about getting Meridian to come here so I'm sure up there its all about getting Kingsville to move, thats all I have seen/heard.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I gotta say - given that K-ville and Meridian are only supporting the squadrons, I'm sorta surprised there hasn't been more talk of shutting down one or the other. Or do some sleight-of-hand like making K-ville and NMM "dets" of CC and P'cola.

MasterBates

The airspace in Krock is jammed, and AFAIK NMM is as bad.

I don't think they could consolidate the squadrons down to 1 base.

The cost savings for making VT 221 probably isn't there, but what do I know?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
:) good money to FCF jets for a living

I believe that last time I talked about this topic; a bud was looking at a NADEP F-18 FCF job (I think) and when all was said and done, the money was not worth it.. They wanted him to pay for and maintain to many things (Currency, NATOPS checks/records, Medical, Swim/Phys, etc). I think it came in around 75-80K salary.. But they also wanted full-time so making other jobs more difficult and he would have to pay his own family health care, retirement funding and some other things.. So he decided to drill with the Marine Corp (flying FCFs/Ferry flights for the blues), Plumb at Purple and Orange, and seek other job opportunities (has been on 'General Hospital' a few times [so I am told])..

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
There are 3 contract FCF fixed-wing pilots at Whiting....no clue about the helo's. Two are retired Navy pilots and one is a SELRES O-5. Each squadron has at one guy designated to fly FCF's and fly's with the FCF unit.