• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO as a FAC

ftrooper

pilot
Marine NFOs will take FAC tours just like pilots. Navy WSOs can become airborne FACs in the F/A-18F (similar to the Marine FAC(A) in the F/A-18D.) As far as a Navy NFO becoming a ground FAC with the Marines, look into a tour with an ANGLICO (Air-Naval Gunfire Liason Company) Anyone here been with Anglico?

CofCrugby

So, I may not get to be a FAC, but I get to rock out as a Navy NFO. I can live with that. I knew I was gonna rock hard, but I wanted to try and rock a little harder.

Nose

pilot
So, I may not get to be a FAC, but I get to rock out as a Navy NFO.

Navy also has FAC(A) program. Get to do all the stuff that FACs do, but don't have to use a rock for a pillow.:icon_tong

Used to be a pretty tough qual, and the guys that had it had some cred...

Nose

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Navy also has FAC(A) program. Get to do all the stuff that FACs do, but don't have to use a rock for a pillow.:icon_tong

Nose

Great qual, not sure about the cred, of couse, my daily buffoonery probably killed that cred for me.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Regardless of platform, a CAS section that checks on as FAC(A) capable with a FAC gets more credibility and benefit of the doubt. That capability has just increased the guy on the ground's list of options for adressing targets.
The danger lies in a ground guy too quick to pass FAC(A) control (the glad you're here, please do my job for me) or the FAC(A) section too quick to assume FAC(A) control (where are all those friendlies again?)

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Regardless of platform, a CAS section that checks on as FAC(A) capable with a FAC gets more credibility and benefit of the doubt. That capability has just increased the guy on the ground's list of options for adressing targets.
The danger lies in a ground guy too quick to pass FAC(A) control (the glad you're here, please do my job for me) or the FAC(A) section too quick to assume FAC(A) control (where are all those friendlies again?)

Oh, my mistake, I thought we were talking PERSONAL cred, because like I said, my clown shoe tendencies seemed to give people the wrong idea.:icon_smil

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
You must be one of... well.. you must be the only guy at CofC who wants to go into the military. Props bro.

CofCrugby

I have only met one other person going into the military at the college. So yeah I am just one of a few who consider joining the military at my school. Why did you leave, didn't like the girl to guy ratio?

Navyfan06

pilot
Yea I LOVED charleston, I think that was one of the reason why I didn't quit school the million time I thought about it!! (Not really) But the town is awesome!! Hey CofC good luck with your BDCP...If your interested in the USMC, I remember that OSO from Columbia being on campus frequently meeting with folks! Best of luck though!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Nose

Still is... have some friends who just got their qual as a FAC(A) crew.