• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

next stop.......MERIDIAN!

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Thanks A4s. Except for the lack of bars, women (good looking), and the layers upon layers of pollen, I don't mind Meridian at all. If you are a fan of the outdoors, its a great place to live.

well since this is similar, i just selected meridian today also, any ideas on how quickly you class up once you get there, i still have to do all the pensacola swim stuff and everything else i really have no idea.

see yall soon

I selected on March 1st, checked in on the 19th, went to lemoore on the 20th (centrifuge sucked A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and then started on the 26th. Navy guys class up QUICK! Marines are waiting around a month to class up.

trongod46

pilot
thanks im looking at leaving whiting on the 27th or so. still trying to find a place to stay . anybody buying houses in meridian, im married so either renting a house, buy a house or live on base?
any suggestions, from those doing any of those three

Ex Rigger

pilot
I'm living on base and I really like it. It makes it convenient for all the time spent in the sim building. However, it's not as close to town. Not much to be close to anyways besides the Wal-Mart. I'd recommend it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks A4s. Except for the lack of bars, women (good looking), and the layers upon layers of pollen, I don't mind Meridian at all. If you are a fan of the outdoors, its a great place to live.
Give it a few months. You'll go from pollen to wall-to-wall bugs in about 7 weeks. Worst duty station I've had yet some of the best times I had there also. Isn't that how it always works?

Real estate is very cheap in Meridian; you should get a good bang for your buck if you want to buy. My former roommate owned the house we lived in (3 dudes total) and we came in at about half BAH apiece counting utilities. We all made out like bandits on that deal. I didn't buy till I got up here in Whidbey, so I have no personal experience, but I have heard there are some shady realtors in the area. The housing office is good, though.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm living on base and I really like it. It makes it convenient for all the time spent in the sim building. However, it's not as close to town. Not much to be close to anyways besides the Wal-Mart. I'd recommend it.

On base housing for STUDs ...??? Must have been built in the past 20-something years ... yes???

Too bad you'll miss all the highlights of Meridian-town. ;)

Ex Rigger

pilot
On base housing for STUDs ...??? Must have been built in the past 20-something years ... yes???

Too bad you'll miss all the highlights of Meridian-town. ;)

I got pretty lucky with housing.....got a place about a year old. I know I got it good. ;)

The officers here, IPs and STUDs all live in the same neighberhood. Don't intermingle too much from what I've seen. The base CO lives right down the street. My place is pretty nice and new, I know the place attached to mine is open. The others were renovated in 2005, however, they don't have any carpet......still pretty nice though, and convenient. The drive from downtown Meridian to the squadron will take you about 20 minutes at least. Congrats on getting jets!

FLY_USMC

pilot
I know of 2 very nice places that are available here in Meridian, one of them is an IP's house, on Dalewood Lake, on the water, rent....according to the flyer posted in the Ready Room, is $900, which is very very good for the location. Another place that is open, though not advertised yet, is from one of the Sim Instructors. AWESOME guy, has a house that's like 25 minutes from base, WHICH, is kind of far, but he only wanted to charge like $550-600 for it and it's totally remodeled by him. He's not looking to make a profit, just someone to fill it, and from what I hear, it's pretty awesome. PM me for info, no names over the net.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I selected on March 1st, checked in on the 19th, went to lemoore on the 20th (centrifuge sucked A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and then started on the 26th. Navy guys class up QUICK! Marines are waiting around a month to class up.
Thats how it has been for us at every stop along the way. I sware the fleet is going to get a bunch of majors fresh from the RAG. As long as the pay check keeps coming I will not be complaining.

Ex Rigger

pilot
You can't game the system. I guarantee you're already pencilled in for one or the other. Don't sweat it. You'll find out the day you check in.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
so the word it vt-9 over vt-7 how do they select students for the sqd's?

Every two weeks one of the sqd. selects between 5-8 studs. Vt-7 was this week so it will be back to vt-9 in two weeks. Navy guys don't wait long while Marines wait around a month.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
VT-9 is still considered a better draw, but VT-7 isn't NEARLY as bad as it was about a year ago. Studs were walking around looking and feeling low all the time on the VT-7 side, while the VT-9 guys were just having a blast.

Most would still pick 9 given the choice. But you don't have a choice, so it doesn't matter, now, does it?