• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

njrecc

How far out before college graduation can you submit a package for OCS? I've searched and found two answers: 6 months or 1 year?

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
How far out before college graduation can you submit a package for OCS? I've searched and found two answers: 6 months or 1 year?
I submitted an application before graduating and all I needed was a typed letter from my adviser saying that I was set to graduate on such and such date. I got that letter from my adviser in October before I graduate this June. That's my own personal experience. I also started talking to my recruiter about a year ago and I just got accepted today. I was well ahead of the game but it never hurts to get things rolling or at least develop a relationship with your recruiter.

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
Congrats to all that were accepted! I assume that I will be one of many submitting for the next board, which I assume will be around May (the month of my graduation date). I got LASIK back on 20 August, so my 6 month wait ends on 20 February. The waiting game is by far the worst part. I look forward to a new thread being created so us new candidates can start this madness all over again!

I have an additional question. To all of those who were recently accepted - when do you hear back about an OCS date? Generally how long is the period between FINSEL and the start date of OCS?

CuBs2105

Congrats to all that were accepted! I assume that I will be one of many submitting for the next board, which I assume will be around May (the month of my graduation date). I got LASIK back on 20 August, so my 6 month wait ends on 20 February. The waiting game is by far the worst part. I look forward to a new thread being created so us new candidates can start this madness all over again!

I have an additional question. To all of those who were recently accepted - when do you hear back about an OCS date? Generally how long is the period between FINSEL and the start date of OCS?
No offense, but they just found out today so I don't think they know yet. If you look back at past boards there are some people that don't leave for OCS for a year and some leave the next month so it varies from applicant to applicant.

Joshua Owen

I spoke to my recruiter today and he said that it is typically 3-4 months between acceptance and OCS. Somewhere in that timeframe comes the FINSEL but I don't know when exactly. I also had LASIK and love it. Make sure you have two post op refractions. MEPS failed to mention that I needed two so I had to return to MEPS 3 weeks later, essentially causing me to miss this most recent board.

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
I spoke to my recruiter today and he said that it is typically 3-4 months between acceptance and OCS. Somewhere in that timeframe comes the FINSEL but I don't know when exactly. I also had LASIK and love it. Make sure you have two post op refractions. MEPS failed to mention that I needed two so I had to return to MEPS 3 weeks later, essentially causing me to miss this most recent board.

I'm sorry to hear that you missed the most recent bored, that must have been frustrating. But I completely agree with you, the LASIK is incredible. Corrected my vision from 20/200 to 20/15. I have read online that MEPS requires a 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month post-op checkup. You're saying that you were cleared after two checkups though? I currently have completed two checkups, a 2 month and a 4 month and both times my optometrist has written me off saying that I don't need another checkup for a full year.

Joshua Owen

I'm sorry to hear that you missed the most recent bored, that must have been frustrating. But I completely agree with you, the LASIK is incredible. Corrected my vision from 20/200 to 20/15. I have read online that MEPS requires a 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month post-op checkup. You're saying that you were cleared after two checkups though? I currently have completed two checkups, a 2 month and a 4 month and both times my optometrist has written me off saying that I don't need another checkup for a full year.

All I know is that I only had to have two and it was imperative that they be conducted a certain number of months apart from each other to look for any sort of deterioration in my vision. I had my procedure done in 2012 and my 6 month check up later that year. MEPS told me this December that I needed another one so they sent me to a doctor and I got my second. I would definitely go ahead and get the third one just to be safe.

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
@Tyler Houston, Congrats. Yeah, I'm a little over a year from graduation and just wondering about getting the process started, I guess I'll start at least getting to know the recruiter now.
Also, as you can see I took the ASTB about 11 months ago. It might be good to start studying for that because you might not get the scores you want the first time around. There are plenty of people on here that end up missing boards due to the ridiculousness of MEPS and the regulation regarding the wait in between testing for the ASTB. If you can get those both knocked out, you'll be able to focus on the easiest part of you kit: the application itself and NASIS. Cheers brother!

From other people's profiles it seems about 3 months. However, it really can vary. I've heard of 6+ months.

AttackCanary

Or more... I had 3 and was just sent back this week to get another refractive measurement.

eggobase

Sorry SWO people... we're not done with pilots just yet.

Add another PRO Y for me, from NRD Richmond.

And for anyone still waiting, there are two things you should keep in mind:
- The results were not all added at once. Late in the afternoon yesterday I spoke with my recruiter and he said they are entering them at a slow pace. Mine was not updated at that point. I have no idea if they're doing this alphabetically, by NRD, or what, but it isn't necessarily bad news if you've heard nothing yet.
- There are many applicants here on AW whom we have not heard from, and many of them have very good scores, so I think we can still expect a steady stream of PRO Ys to come in.

Last edited:

luvmychevy1951

Just got off the phone with my processor, my package didn't make it up in time. He said he is 100% confident there will be another board before May and since I am age critical I would still leave soon.