• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Pilot/NFO/SWO Rolling Board in February 2015

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
I'm sorry to hear that you missed the most recent bored, that must have been frustrating. But I completely agree with you, the LASIK is incredible. Corrected my vision from 20/200 to 20/15. I have read online that MEPS requires a 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month post-op checkup. You're saying that you were cleared after two checkups though? I currently have completed two checkups, a 2 month and a 4 month and both times my optometrist has written me off saying that I don't need another checkup for a full year.
GET ANOTHER. I missed this most recent board also because my post-ops didn't suffice. It's true that you need 2 post-op check ups but two need to be at least THREE months after the operation. I had a 1 week post op, a 1 month post op, and a 1 year post op. MEPS made me come back and go through their doctor to get a "~3.25" year post op because the 1 week and 1 month didn't count!

exNavyOffRec

Just got off the phone with my processor, my package didn't make it up in time. He said he is 100% confident there will be another board before May and since I am age critical I would still leave soon.

If you are prior like your profile says than you have to age 29 for SNA, so you wouldn't be considered age critical.

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
GET ANOTHER. I missed this most recent board also because my post-ops didn't suffice. It's true that you need 2 post-op check ups but two need to be at least THREE months after the operation. I had a 1 week post op, a 1 month post op, and a 1 year post op. MEPS made me come back and go through their doctor to get a "~3.25" year post op because the 1 week and 1 month didn't count!

Wow! Thanks for the advice. I talked to my recruiter today and he said that he has submitted all of my medical documents to the medical pre-screen. If I get an additional eye checkup soon will I be able to bring the document into MEPS, or would my recruiter have to submit it to the medical pre-screen again?

Joshua Owen

Wow! Thanks for the advice. I talked to my recruiter today and he said that he has submitted all of my medical documents to the medical pre-screen. If I get an additional eye checkup soon will I be able to bring the document into MEPS, or would my recruiter have to submit it to the medical pre-screen again?

All documentation needs to be submitted to MEPS BEFORE you go. So give any additional documents you have to your recruiter and hopefully he/she can pass it on to MEPS.

EMTpilot

Still haven't heard anything from my OR :( Anyone hear back from NRD Philly? Should I call and politely badger him? I sent an email yesterday with no reply.

KMC1020

There is a separate thread specifically for the SNA/SNFO board, but for some reason everyone has stuck on this one. I believe this was set up by Rufio strictly to pass on information. Sorry to all the SWO folks for the traffic, but it looks like we're here to stay :cool:

Yeah been trying to weed through all the SNA/NFO traffic for updates on SWO. I think I might just come back after the 23rd LOL

JT88

Just got off the phone with my processor, my package didn't make it up in time. He said he is 100% confident there will be another board before May and since I am age critical I would still leave soon.

You're prior so you can easily get an age waiver. I wouldn't worry too hard.

RyGuy4

If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. I just took the ASTB 1/26/15 and my scores were 41 5/6/5
I just tuned 23, have a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice (right around 3.1-3.3 GPA), and fixed wing rated with just south of 100 hours.
Played college baseball for my university for 4 years.
I have pretty solid LOR: A current American Airlines 767/787 pilot, A Chief of Police of a large city, Navy LCDR helo pilot (retired), Navy Capt. F4 pilot who was the first CO of Top Gun, Navy Capt. (first Capt. of the USS Makin Island (LHD-8), and a retired RDML, fixed wing and helicopter pilot.
I have no physical issues, but have a minor in possession of alcohol ticket that I got when I was 19 & in college.
If there is any feedback or advice that anyone could give me I would be very thankful.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it. I just took the ASTB 1/26/15 and my scores were 41 5/6/5
I just tuned 23, have a Bachelors degree in Criminal Justice (right around 3.1-3.3 GPA), and fixed wing rated with just south of 100 hours.
I have pretty solid LOR: A current American Airlines 767/787 pilot, A Chief of Police of a large city, Navy LCDR helo pilot (retired), Navy Capt. F4 pilot who was the first CO of Top Gun, Navy Capt. (first Capt. of the USS Makin Island (LHD-8), and a retired RDML, fixed wing and helicopter pilot.
I have no physical issues, but have a minor in possession of alcohol ticket that I got when I was 19 & in college.
If there is any feedback or advice that anyone could give me I would be very thankful.

After reading numerous post and threads on this site about applying for SNFO/SNA, the ASTB-E weighs heavily.

Signup15

question to anyone: If an application is submitted, how long will be it be before one can verify its submission in CIRIMS?
Also, If I was told my application was submitted for SWO but its is not shown is CIRIMS, does that mean that I am out of luck for the next board?

bkos1207

Take the ASTB again. Take that 90 day wait period to study, there are some great study guides posted in the ASTB stickies on this website. If you have any questions about the test feel free to PM me and I can try and help.

Signup15

question to anyone: If an application is submitted, how long will be it be before one can verify its submission in CIRIMS?
Also, If I was told my application was submitted for SWO but its is not shown is CIRIMS, does that mean that I am out of luck for the next board?