• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

*** Next Pilot/NFO board 29 October ***

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I submitted my kit to NRC this morning. Ay chance I'll makethe deadline for this board?

Make sure you follow up in the coming days to ensure there's no errors and if so resolving them ASAP. Remember, the PM has to accept your kit by the 17th so you don't have much time.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well that's a bummer as I was hoping to do something similar. Any advice on how to get a recruiter to respond to emails/phone calls? I know that's not the sole reason I'm not making it to this month's board, but it's certainly a part of it... I would like to be able to avoid this for whenever the next board convenes (crossing fingers for December time-frame).

Call the NRD headquarters and speak to the Recruiting Operations Officer. Explain the situation, be prepared to support your cause. For example, if you're panicking because your recruiter hasn't gotten back to your calls/emails with 10 minutes, the OPS is going to tell you to pack sand. Just like at a restaurant, if you're not getting good customer service speak to the manager for help.

mike23!

Make sure you follow up in the coming days to ensure there's no errors and if so resolving them ASAP. Remember, the PM has to accept your kit by the 17th so you don't have much time.
I talked to the folks at NRC this morning and they let me know that they recieved my kit and will review it today. Thank ou for the advice.

mike23!

You called NRC directly to check on your packet?
I had emailed OCSquestions@navy.mil a few days ago about the best way for active duty members to send off their kits and I had gotten a response from their admin to send the application to officerapplications@navy.mil. I just emailed the OCS questions address again and let them know i had submitted my kit yesterday and wanted to follow up and see if it had made it. A PS1 responded back and let me know that they had recieved it and will review it today.

AttackCanary

Call the NRD headquarters and speak to the Recruiting Operations Officer. Explain the situation, be prepared to support your cause. For example, if you're panicking because your recruiter hasn't gotten back to your calls/emails with 10 minutes, the OPS is going to tell you to pack sand. Just like at a restaurant, if you're not getting good customer service speak to the manager for help.
Thanks for the advice. I ended up including the Assistant Operations Officer in an email... and what do you know, I got a phone call in the next hour which included way more information than I think I've gotten through the whole recruiting process. Won't be making it to this month's board but hopefully the next one in the January time frame.

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
I had emailed OCSquestions@navy.mil a few days ago about the best way for active duty members to send off their kits and I had gotten a response from their admin to send the application to officerapplications@navy.mil. I just emailed the OCS questions address again and let them know i had submitted my kit yesterday and wanted to follow up and see if it had made it. A PS1 responded back and let me know that they had recieved it and will review it today.
Are you active duty Navy?

Catharine May

I was anxious before just waiting to see if I could find out when/if they had met yet. Now I'm going to be hyper for the next week waiting to see if I hear anything...

luvmychevy1951

Hey guys, Im also on the October 29 board awaiting results. I had heard that there are other ways to find out besides a phone call like, a website. Any info on that? This is also my first Navy board attempt. Any idea how long the waiting period?

Jacob G.

I don't know about other sources of info. (1st timer as well) Others were saying that if all goes smooth, we should hear back within a week. Best of luck to everyone!!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Civilians find out from your recruiter.
Active duty checks Bupers Online where individual results will be posted first.