• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

*** Next Pilot/NFO board 29 October ***

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
Thank you @RUFiO181 for the good news!
Final-Countdown.gif

RTI35

Potentially dumb question here, so my apologies. I'm just trying to make 100% sure I have this right:

17 Oct is the deadline to submit a kit? That would then make me ineligible to retake the ASTB-E in time if my earliest eligibility date is a few days after 17 Oct? In other words, if I were to submit my kit by the 17th and then retake the ASTB-E shortly thereafter, my kit would be pulled from submission and not included in the Oct board? Or would the score be updated and my kit would still be evaluated by the current board?

Any help is appreciated - I'm extremely confident that I can improve my score upon taking it a second time and I'd love the opportunity to do so before this current board meets, if possible.

Sundevil106150

Potentially dumb question here, so my apologies. I'm just trying to make 100% sure I have this right:

17 Oct is the deadline to submit a kit? That would then make me ineligible to retake the ASTB-E in time if my earliest eligibility date is a few days after 17 Oct? In other words, if I were to submit my kit by the 17th and then retake the ASTB-E shortly thereafter, my kit would be pulled from submission and not included in the Oct board? Or would the score be updated and my kit would still be evaluated by the current board?

Any help is appreciated - I'm extremely confident that I can improve my score upon taking it a second time and I'd love the opportunity to do so before this current board meets, if possible.
Not 100% sure but I do not believe you can submit your new ASTB score. Oct 17th is the date your Kit must be sitting on the desk. So from NRD to NRC then to the project managers desk where it needs to sit. Then your kit is pulled 2 weeks prior to the boards meeting usually. So Oct. 17th because board meets Oct. 29. Once it is pulled that is it. Yet if you get a Pro Rec N for this board and you retook your ASTB and did better you can submit your kit right away to the next board. While someone like me who does not want to retake and gets a pro rec N needs to wait 6 months before I can resubmit my kit. In order to resubmit you either wait 6 months or you add something significant to your kit like a Masters degree, higher ASTB score or a ton of community service hours. So you might as well submit it especially since you are retaking your ASTB. I am pretty sure it is 6 months, that is what I was told

Reactions: HTR

Whitefoot

None
Living on a prayer doesn't seem like the worst idea. Worst case scenario: I am still employed by the Coast Guard, working in a windowless vault, living my life 12 hours at a time...in Alaska...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

17 October is the deadline for NRC, meaning your kit better be submitted to the processor by the end of the week or there's likely enough time for it to be processed, uploaded, and submitted.

As for the ASTB-E, whichever score is in your kit will be the score being reviewed by the board. Looking at your scores, you appear to be just fine for Pilot/NFO (don't know if you're only applying for SNA or SNA/SNFO).

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
I didn't apply for Pilot or NFO, however I missed the rolling board for SWO for today. Anyone with knowledge know if they might add on a SWO board on the 29th also?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I didn't apply for Pilot or NFO, however I missed the rolling board for SWO for today. Anyone with knowledge know if they might add on a SWO board on the 29th also?

Likely around December. Once again these boards are rolling but going off previous trends they have been meeting every 2-3 months.

RTI35

17 October is the deadline for NRC, meaning your kit better be submitted to the processor by the end of the week or there's likely enough time for it to be processed, uploaded, and submitted.

As for the ASTB-E, whichever score is in your kit will be the score being reviewed by the board. Looking at your scores, you appear to be just fine for Pilot/NFO (don't know if you're only applying for SNA or SNA/SNFO).

Thanks for your help. It doesn't look like I'll be making this next board then; the only thing my kit is missing is MEPS due to a waiver I'm waiting on.

In your opinion, if I were to get to MEPS either Friday or Monday (or any time before the 17th), what are the chances my kit will get seen by the board? I have prepared myself for the fact that I will likely miss this upcoming board and have already started studying for the ASTB again for a retake. Just wondering if there's any hope at all for the 17th, as I don't know how long things take to get from A to B. Thanks again

mike23!

My CO interview has been pushed back a few times so I am wandering if there is a chance that I will still make the Oct board for SNA. My CO rescheduled me for tomorrow afternoon, this is all I am needing for my kit to be complete. If I can have my Kit into CIRIMS by Thursday Evening or Friday morning of this week, would that put me possibly making this board? Thank you all for your help.