• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

The one thing I have learned working as a civilian in the Navy for the short time I have. The right hand rarely knows what the left is doing. Many times there is information that has not been disseminated correctly or is intentionally being with held awaiting some event. So both the OR and the Fleet OCS processor are right with the info that they currently have. My guess on all of this mess is that they still have not met their quotas for this FY but FY2011 budget has not been set yet. Thus until that happens they are going into a holding pattern, with plans to run the boards communicated to more centralized location and telling the ORs the worst case scenario, that would be no boards till Sept. Just my guess on a screwed up situation.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
What is "Big Navy?"

"Big Navy" is the term we use to describe the Navy as a whole, but more specifically, leadership and direction.

For example, we had our flight budgets slashed because Big Navy decided it was more important to spend money on future acquisition programs vice maintaining our current capability

Or there are no OCS or BDCP boards this fiscal year because Big Navy decided that manpower requirements are met by current level so ROTC and Naval Academy midshipmen.

Both of those are just examples, please no one go high order quoting me that all boards are shutdown for this year....

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Greenlantern pretty much summed it up when she got the email from the Fleet processor. So there you have it. That's directly from the recruiter's source.

Tonkovich.J

whether or not a board is scheduled for April I am going to throw myself into the pool

21/M

SNA
Junior Mechanical Engineering @ Purdue University
3.7/4.0 GPA
7/8/8 60
4 LOR's from some of my professors and advisor
Student member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Interview with CO of Great Lakes Naval Station

non-select March 2010 board, hoping this is the month

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
whether or not a board is scheduled for April I am going to throw myself into the pool

21/M

SNA
Junior Mechanical Engineering @ Purdue University
3.7/4.0 GPA
7/8/8 60
4 LOR's from some of my professors and advisor
Student member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Interview with CO of Great Lakes Naval Station

non-select March 2010 board, hoping this is the month

I have two questions for you. First, you are a junior and you're going for a regular pilot slot? How are you able to do that? I thought BDCP was closed for a while and I thought you have to have your final select letter and a date for OCS by a certain time..

Second, you had a year since your last attempt. Why didn't you apply in the fall? And what changes have you made your your package since the first time you applied?

The reason I asked is because you can apply every 6 months and you missed a good opportunity in the fall..

The other question is just out of curiosity...

GreenLantern330

I have two questions for you. First, you are a junior and you're going for a regular pilot slot? How are you able to do that? I thought BDCP was closed for a while and I thought you have to have your final select letter and a date for OCS by a certain time..

Second, you had a year since your last attempt. Why didn't you apply in the fall? And what changes have you made your your package since the first time you applied?

The reason I asked is because you can apply every 6 months and you missed a good opportunity in the fall..

The current rules are that you have to be at least 12 months from graduating to apply for OCS, so if he's a junior and graduating at most in 12 months from now, he can apply.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Everyone probably already saw this, but the nyusn blog is saying that General Officer Programs have shut down, at least for awhile. I guess that settles the debate for now. He's always been spot on. He said it is not clear if they have just stopped taking applicants or if they have stopped taking applicants on top of not picking anyone up in April. My guess would be the latter, since it wouldn't make much sense to not allow anymore applications but still select from people already submitted.

GreenLantern330

Everyone probably already saw this, but the nyusn blog is saying that General Officer Programs have shut down, at least for awhile. I guess that settles the debate for now. He's always been spot on. He said it is not clear if they have just stopped taking applicants or if they have stopped taking applicants on top of not picking anyone up in April. My guess would be the latter, since it wouldn't make much sense to not allow anymore applications but still select from people already submitted.

You're right, he's always been spot on, but he did say he heard it from a colleague, which leads me to believe it isn't official. I don't get how just yesterday I spoke with the Fleet OCS Processor from Tennessee, and he said everything is still wide open, and then a day later, this guy says it's all closed. Doesn't add up, but like he said continue with your apps.

Tonkovich.J

I am graduating within 12 months and it is my understanding that I could apply for a regular pilot slot. As for the whole 6 months between applying I was working on that process. I was ready for the October (or was it November) board when Purdue screwed up my transcripts. For some reason they did not send my most current one. By the time I realized this problem the deadline already passed before I could resolve the issue. Then I heard that all boards for SNA/NFO were canceled until April of this year.

So for those 5 or 6 months I have doing nothing but hitting the books and keeping in touch with my recruiter. Regarding the changes I have made to my packet. They include 1 more letter of recommendation, interview with the CO of Great Lakes and two more completed semester that resulted in my GPA going up.