• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Next Board ~ April 2011

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Everyone probably already saw this, but the nyusn blog is saying that General Officer Programs have shut down, at least for awhile. I guess that settles the debate for now. He's always been spot on. He said it is not clear if they have just stopped taking applicants or if they have stopped taking applicants on top of not picking anyone up in April. My guess would be the latter, since it wouldn't make much sense to not allow anymore applications but still select from people already submitted.

Maybe his colleague was miss informed. I emailed him what greenlatern posted. So lets see his response.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
So my processor informed me that the Fleet Processor deals with active duty guys.. So there is the difference.. So everything may very well be closed. Who knows. Just turn in your package and wait. If it is cancelled wait for the next one and continue to better your package. Good Luck.

aburr

Just got off the phone with my recruiter. It appears General Officer OCS is done until FY13.

Now, I have information from other sources suggesting this is just an overreaction to the anticipation of ongoing 2 week CR's. But one should complete their application anyways, because things change.

Ya, but in October 2012 Calendar year. So that is about a year and a half away. I guess I will be holding my breath until the budget is decided on.

Lucy

FY12 is from Oct 2011 through Sep12. However, OCS classes that start in July-Oct are part of the upcoming FY.

Therefor FY13 OCS classes start in July 2012, next summer. FY13 selects should start being picked in the fall boards (Sep-Dec). Fall boards (as was with last falls) select appox. 30-45% of the upcoming FY quota.

So if FY12 is truly full, and not just on hold due to the budget not being passed, than boards "should" resume in the fall for FY13, although numbers will be lower since fall boards normally fill any left over spots from the previous FY also.

Sonog

pilot
This kind of reminds me of that one scene from Forrest Gump where he's running across the country and everyone is following and he suddenly stops in the middle of the desert and says he's done running and wants to go home. And we're that crowd of people right now and that one guy speaks for all of us and says "now what are we supposed to do?"

I'm shooting for grad school, hopefully I can do a 1 year Master's program and things will be better in a year and I'll have a better package then too.

cefiro

Havent heard anything from my recruiter yet, I have my application in for the April board for Pilot/NFO.

Hopefully this is just an over reaction....I am 26 years old, so if its pushed back past January, then I will be past my 27th birthday.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Havent heard anything from my recruiter yet, I have my application in for the April board for Pilot/NFO.

Hopefully this is just an over reaction....I am 26 years old, so if its pushed back past January, then I will be past my 27th birthday.

They have waivers that are rarely granted for people with no prior service. This might be one of those rare times which is an exception. Think about, it's not your fault all this is happening and you were ready to go on time. The Navy wasn't. So don't get discouraged and I would still apply even if it is pushed back.. and you are too old.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
They have waivers that are rarely granted for people with no prior service. This might be one of those rare times which is an exception. Think about, it's not your fault all this is happening and you were ready to go on time. The Navy wasn't. So don't get discouraged and I would still apply even if it is pushed back.. and you are too old.

You never know what they would say. They may say he should have applied earlier. But I agree that you should apply. If they say NO then they say NO. Just apply and find out what they say. Good Luck!

GreenLantern330

FY12 is from Oct 2011 through Sep12. However, OCS classes that start in July-Oct are part of the upcoming FY.

Therefor FY13 OCS classes start in July 2012, next summer. FY13 selects should start being picked in the fall boards (Sep-Dec). Fall boards (as was with last falls) select appox. 30-45% of the upcoming FY quota.

So if FY12 is truly full, and not just on hold due to the budget not being passed, than boards "should" resume in the fall for FY13, although numbers will be lower since fall boards normally fill any left over spots from the previous FY also.

Thanks for the clarification.

jsh8

April Board Cancelled

Just heard from my recruiter that the April Board was cancelled. Anyone else hearing this too?

GreenLantern330

Just heard from my recruiter that the April Board was cancelled. Anyone else hearing this too?

If you would read the other dozen of posts above yours, you'd see that all we've been talking about is the rumors of the April boards being cancelled, so yes we've heard it too.