• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to all: Need all information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
You've got to be kidding me right, this guy sounds like a Russian: "there is noone that loves technically complex machines and power, speed, flying, than me". You almost sound like an old favorite of this forum called CollegeGuy, people out there remember him???

Gimmie a break pal, your attitude needs a serious realignment if really want to become a military aviator/pilot. Heck, you know what, upon reading your posts some more you should just give up on this now, you can't even form proper sentences. College degree in engineering my a$$. I know plenty of engineers, and if they spelled like that they would be out of a job. Another point, it's those engineers and so many others out there flying a desk who keep us #1 in the world in terms of defense, so don't be going around bashing them or any other hard working American who sits behind a desk to earn a living.

I could just keep on going for a looooooooong time about what you have said here pal. I strongly suggest you take a long look in the mirror before saying things like you said :icon_rage

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Agreed. It's not some sort of Airwarriors "right" to post something along the lines of what you posted and expect everybody to validate what you've been saying. Usually when people do what you've done,(ie come across as arrogant and self-important, as well as condescending to people that have achieved much greater success than you ever will) you can expect us all to jump in your cockpit and correct you. Or should I say jump into your father's den, into his computer, around the "F-16 Fighting Falcon" video game and get in your grill until you change your behavior. Step one is reading everything on this board that is relevant to you, step two is contacting an officer recruiter, and step three is politely and humbly asking any other questions you might have.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
ROBwantstoknow said:
I have all the respect for the bombers, I think of them like the grim reaper, harvesting souls. All I meant was I know it is not for me, I don't feel comfortable with cruising along and then flip some switch. Then just keep cruising. All the while below I just killed all kinds of people that didn't do jack to me or even threaten my life.

I feel comfortable with taking a life of a rival fighter pilot. He is threatening.

This statement worries me. As a military pilot, tank driver, sniper, whatever, you might be called on to hit a target with civilians who never did anything to you. Your statement doesn't demonstrate a hard charging individual ready to do or die for his nation or its cause. If I sat on a selection board/interview and you made this response, it would be a big negative.

By the way, there are no more pure fighter guys, at least in the Navy and Marine Corps. I think only the Air Force F-15C and certain F-16 units are pure air-to-air. Otherwise, you are a strike-fighter pilot, meaning bombing is your thing baby.

Remember, you are coming into the military as an officer first, aviator second. The Navy and Marine don't gaurantee you or anyone anything when it comes to a platform. Set a goal but be willing to accept something less than your goal. It happens, been there done that.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jaxs170 said:
You almost sound like an old favorite of this forum called CollegeGuy, people out there remember him???
Haha yeah, I remember CollegeGuy. I didn't find this site until a little bit after his appearance, but I went through and read ALL of his posts. Remember wintersibs? Oh the insanity...

zuggerat

you always get that kinda crap, i bet i did the same kinda thing when i first registered, "WHERE'S MY JET, I'M MAVERICK BIATCHES!!!???" lol

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I wonder if the dude was also that Lizard dude. Thats weird having 2 people stirring the pot at the same time. Any moderators have a way to check?

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I think that Lizard was a girl? But I could be wrong....man, when he said that trash about harvesting souls, I nearly shat.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"secret invisa-shield?!?"

First, stop reading books with more pictures than words. The book "Air Warriors" gives a pretty good view of naval aviation training, although skewed towards jets. Whatever you do, don't read "Born to Fly" by Shane Osborn--what a load of crap. The non-fiction aisle at Barnes and Noble might be a good place to start, even before you go to a recruiter. You go spouting about how bombing sounds "puzzy," he's going to roll his eyes and give you a bad phone number to call him back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.