• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New to all: Need all information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROBwantstoknow

I don't come from a military family. I don't have anywhere else to get information, I went to Austin, thinking that the recruiters would have information. They didn't know jack, and niether one AF, Navy, marines would give honest ibfo about the other service.

I am not trying to get anyone pissed off. I just would appreciate some straight facts.

I am getting an engineering degree, aerospace. I figure this is going to be a positive when trying to become a pilot. I have taken some flight lessons and soon will get my ppl. I meet the height weight requirements I found on the internet, and my vision is correctable to 20/20.

I don't know how the application process works, and have searched and not found anything, it makes it hard to understand all this crap, non-military don't understand the acronyms people. I guess no one cares about non-military here.

I want to know all info, I am not sure what service is for me, I thought the Airforce is the only one with planes but I can only find all kinds of Navy stuff. (see what I mean about not knowing. )

I just want to serve the country, from a position where I feel I could do my best and help the most. I just want to fly. Right now I am thinking jet fighter, because I get bored easy, and like to feel g's, and hall azz.

Wouldn't mind going head to head and blowing up some enemy fighters.

I don't think I would enjoy bombing, kinda puzzy ain't it, drop and run. I want to get in the thick of sh1t and survive.

I sure would appreciate a push in the right direction from anyone that knows the right direction.

Thanks ROB

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you're still in Austin, TX, I can give you the names of an outstanding Marine recruiter & a Navy recruiter. They're the ones that work at the UT campus and are both upfront & informative. Good guys. Anyhow, let me know if you'd like their names.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
ROBwantstoknow said:
Right now I am thinking jet fighter, because I get bored easy, and like to feel g's, and hall azz.

Wouldn't mind going head to head and blowing up some enemy fighters.

I don't think I would enjoy bombing, kinda puzzy ain't it, drop and run. I want to get in the thick of sh1t and survive.

Are you for real??????

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
if you are only wanting to be a jet pilot, join the air national guard, they will guarauntee you a specific airframe. Any other service, nothing is for sure.

As far as fighters, it has been a LONG TIME since anyone has gone head to head with enemy fighters. U join the navy, good chance you are going Maritime or helos.

Go to the AF there is the chance you are going heavies and a real small chance of helos.

just something to think about... going 700kts at 10k feet feels a lot slower than 100 kts at 50ft with trees 20 feet below you.

Just make sure when you are talking to a recruiter that it is an officer recruiter, they will try to get you to enlist.

ROBwantstoknow

I didn't even think there might be different ones, I went to the mall on riverside, where they are all right next to each other. I would like there emails since they are in the area. I still would like some info, the basics about how to become a pilot in one of the military services, pros cons, does anyone have a link to pros & cons of pilot in services, someone surely has asked before.

Thanks

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
A word of advice, I wouldn't come out of the gates dogging different platforms, i.e. bombers. Most of the people on this site have worked their tails off to get where they are and you being a FNG coming in here already talking smack is not the best way to get people's opinions on stuff. I do think that it is cool that you are going out of your way seeking info, just watch they way you words things if you want any help.

ROBwantstoknow

bch,

I here you about the altitude, you must fly helos, map of earth stuff, huh.

Theres a pic of an apache going down a small stream with trees all around and it is full tilt coming through a bend. I fly rc heli's and, the idea of doing that scares me, HELICOPTERS ARE FUNDAMENTALLY UNSTABLE.

I want to fly a missle with a canopy. COOL

Vette,

Yes I am for real, why, am I a real dumbass or something, what is so unreal about what I have stated so far.

Thanks

ROBwantstoknow

Sorry ET-MIKE,

Like I said, I am not trying to get people mad.
I have all the respect for the bombers, I think of them like the grim reaper, harvesting souls. All I meant was I know it is not for me, I don't feel comfortable with cruising along and then flip some switch. Then just keep cruising. All the while below I just killed all kinds of people that didn't do jack to me or even threaten my life.

I feel comfortable with taking a life of a rival fighter pilot. He is threatening.

Sorry, I have all respect for the bombers, B2b is badazz.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Although I am not qualified to speak from experience, I would imagine that going on an attack run isn't boring and "puzzy". Theres all kinds of people just waiting for someone to fly over so that they can shoot. Once that ground fire starts coming at you, you'll have plenty of excuses to feel the g's and haul ass.

Just read around this forum for a few weeks at a whole spectrum of topics that people have posted about. If you find an acronym that you don't understand, search for it. They're all out there somewhere, and I have found most of them to be on this site too.

ROBwantstoknow

So what do I have to do to get into a jet.

So far all I know is.

1>>>Height weight requirment, physical-some hard one.20/20 correctable

2>>>bachelors degree, prefferably in engineering, aerospace big+, is this correct.

3>>>Private Pilots License, general aviation aptitude, natural pilot abilities.

What are the age requirements, I am 22 now, all the above should be done by the time I am 25 26 for sure.

Thanks

ROBwantstoknow

So flying with enemy fighter may not be realistic. SO WHAT IS?????
What is it like in the military as a pilot. I had a friend once in the army, he said it sounds tough to people, all about basic and the time away and stuff, but he said it is just like any job, 8-5 and then you go home and it ain't no thing.

As a pilot I figure there will be some travel.

I am asking all of these questions because I am planning on a military career, the rest of my life, Do they make you retire, why the hell would someone who flies jets retire, jeese, I would want to do it until I could no longer pass physical or when I started to pass out from g's.. easier.

ROBwantstoknow

Slammer,

sorry, what is wrong with my attitude..??

I am trying reaL HARD to behave myself people. But if I am coming off as having an attitude, it must be a typing error, read it different, don't imply the attitude.

After that if you still think I have attitude then suck a rope, and stuff yourself.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
ROBwantstoknow said:
Slammer,

sorry, what is wrong with my attitude..??

I am trying reaL HARD to behave myself people. But if I am coming off as having an attitude, it must be a typing error, read it different, don't imply the attitude.

After that if you still think I have attitude then suck a rope, and stuff yourself.

HAHAHA this guy is hilarious. Like a little yipping dog that wont shut up!

Status
Not open for further replies.