• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Super Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
What is this strange aversion you have about older men that you've brought up repeatedly? Were you diddled by a Rabi or something?

Brett

nope. I have far too little respect for most Rabbis to go anywhere near them. But to turn it around, why is it that you keep insisting you would never hang out with me or whoever else you've said this to? Do you frequently hang out with 20 year old guys? I'm not usually one to judge, but that's a little odd in my book...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
nope. I have far too little respect for most Rabbis to go anywhere near them. But to turn it around, why is it that you keep insisting you would never hang out with me or whoever else you've said this to? Do you frequently hang out with 20 year old guys? I'm not usually one to judge, but that's a little odd in my book...

I'll hang with anyone who's cool to hang with. Don't forget that I'm a college student and will do what most college students do. Stuff like going to parties and hanging out with (gasp!) 18-22 year olds. They're entertaining in their own way, as I'm sure I am to them. When I go back to the fleet, I'll be hanging with a bunch of 24 year old CAT I JOs as well. A few of those JOs won't be able to hang and will be professionally and socially ostracized. Just make sure you find yourself in the right crowd.

Brett

joboy_2.0

Contributor
I'll hang with anyone who's cool to hang with. Don't forget that I'm a college student and will do what most college students do. Stuff like going to parties and hanging out with (gasp!) 18-22 year olds. They're entertaining in their own way, as I'm sure I am to them. When I go back to the fleet, I'll be hanging with a bunch of 24 year old CAT I JOs as well. A few of those JOs won't be able to hang and will be professionally and socially ostracized. Just make sure you find yourself in the right crowd.

Brett

In a professional atmosphere it is acceptable, but in the civvy world, there is really nothing in common with a 20 year old and 36 year old guy.

I have no idea what Navy life is like, but it sounds as if the personal and professional life intermingle quite a bit more than in the civvy world. And to go even further, age isn't an issue since people join up at very different ages. Since I'll be in the same boat during OCS as a 30 year old guy (if he happens to be in my class) then we'll certainly have a lot in common. If this is the case, I can see it happening, but while I'm in college the only 30+ year olds I would "hang out with" are bored professional women or bored married women.:D

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
In a professional atmosphere it is acceptable, but in the civvy world, there is really nothing in common with a 20 year old and 36 year old guy.

I have no idea what Navy life is like, but it sounds as if the personal and professional life intermingle quite a bit more than in the civvy world. And to go even further, age isn't an issue since people join up at very different ages. Since I'll be in the same boat during OCS as a 30 year old guy (if he happens to be in my class) then we'll certainly have a lot in common. If this is the case, I can see it happening, but while I'm in college the only 30+ year olds I would "hang out with" are bored professional women or bored married women.:D

Bored being the key word, right? :)

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor

Brett is exercising moderator "restraint" but you seem insistent on being the first guy he bans. I think everyone knows which JO crowd you'll be filtered into.

HD

joboy_2.0

Contributor
Brett is exercising moderator "restraint" but you seem insistent on being the first guy he bans. I think everyone knows which JO crowd you'll be filtered into.

HD

Well I'm sure Brett realizes that I am not completely serious, and if not...well then his restraint shows no bounds. A lot of people rib each other on here, but it seems as if no one understands that I'm not serious sometimes. Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying break if you're on one.... that includes Brett too. I don't know where in socal you are but my Friends at USC are off and I think UCLA too. Cheers all..

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
A lot of people rib each other on here, but it seems as if no one understands that I'm not serious sometimes.

Big difference... those that do have been around longer then two months. In many cases, they are on the same level as the person they are ribbing (aviator to aviator, fleet guy to fleet guy, college kid to college kid etc). Also, a number of them interact with with one another outside of the bounds of their posts.

joboy_2.0

Contributor
Big difference... those that do have been around longer then two months. In many cases, they are on the same level as the person they are ribbing (aviator to aviator, fleet guy to fleet guy, college kid to college kid etc). Also, a number of them interact with with one another outside of the bounds of their posts.

I'm well aware of that. And i try not to argue with aviators and fleet guys. I just don't get mids, BDCPers and ROTC people giving me crap. I get conflicting messages. Tons of people in PMs tell me they are just messing around with me, which is what I assume. Then other people can't understand why I keep bringing crap on myself when I understood a conversation to be just ribbing. I understand I am a nobody in the Navy and haven't earned anything, but can I not even respond to ribbing without disrespecting the person whether it's an officer, BDCPer ROTC mid or whatever? I have ignored a lot of Brett's comments about me. No problem. But I respond to one and get a sh!t storm. I mean no disrespect. I am not trying to be a part of something that I am not a part of yet. I just figured if someone gives me crap then I have a right to respond to it in a joking manner. In my mind it's just people messing with each other without real malice. If I'm mistaken, then put me on your ignore list because I am going to assume that if you're teasing me, that you're just kidding.

joboy_2.0

Contributor
Thanks for thinking of me. Finals start tomorrow for me. Can't you tell I've been studying all day?

Brett

Why study? It's always more fun to be surprised on the exams:)
I personally liked my two finals because I only needed like a 67 on one of em and an 83 on the other to keep my A's.

Status
Not open for further replies.