• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New RIOT Trainer

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm really looking for it to practice things like point to points and what not. On my sim two days ago I felt like I went full retard and I figure as an NFO not being retarded on things like point to points is what differentiates me from backseat baggage.

I think there's a rule that says you have to try every stupid thing you can think of in the sim. can you barrel roll or loop a 60? sure as shit ain't gonna try it in real life, but might as well give it a go in the sim (the sim kills you). Can you make that auto from 100'/150 kts? You did? Now lets go lower! Short of putting your fist through the flight display, you're not gonna break the sim and it's not going to kill you.
Agreed. Aileron roll is my favorite. The AFCS in the sim goes nuts when you do it. Definitely recoverable though - then kick the SAS back on and you're good as new.

I'm really looking for it to practice things like point to points and what not. On my sim two days ago I felt like I went full retard and I figure as an NFO not being retarded on things like point to points is what differentiates me from backseat baggage.

I found the best method to get a good overall heading is to just think about where you need to go as a sector (north, northeast, northwest, south, southeast southwest). Head that direction and then fine tune. Radials crossing too fast, then put the head of the needle closer to the top to cut DME; DME dropping too fast, then put the head of the needle closer to the 90 benchmark.

You can do the eyeball/pencil method if that suits your fancy too.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I think they're on v6 now. I'm not sure if it's online, but they lend out CD's in Corpus, I would imagine they do something similar in either Milton or P'cola.