• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New planes not as sexy?

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Ah, Hornet this, hornet that. You guys are all just jealous you can't do consistent flat turns or slow to 100 knots and be confused by ATC as a helo. Gotta love the Hawkeye...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Hey, no one would ever call the fighting drumstick pretty but at least we have character. No one ever calls until the need us and then they really need us.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
The plane I fly is slow and ugly. Always has been, always will be. However, as far as jets are concerned, older types like the F-8, A-7, A-6 had personality and were sexy. The F/A-18F looks awesome though, especially in VFA-2 colorful garb.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Personally I find the SH-60B very sexy, especially with hydraulic fluid streamed all down the side, looking like it took a sh!t while flying. I must say it looked better than the AF T-6 parked next to us at Gainsville yesterday though.

MasterBates

Gainesville?!?? Man the RAG has changed since I went thru.

Here's the SH-2G. Yes, that is a Maverick, no, it is not photoshopped.

sprite6.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gainesville?!?? Man the RAG has changed since I went thru.

Here's the SH-2G. Yes, that is a Maverick, no, it is not photoshopped.

sprite6.jpg

I guess that was before somebody sold the Navy's soul for Penguin.

Brett

MasterBates

Nah, the Kiwis still use it. The 60B could use it, but we'd need yet another MLA. (Missile Launch Adapter) in addition to the Penguin MLA and the M299 for the Hellfire.

It would be just another weapon the SHOES (LAMPS version of the MAN) would not let us use.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sexy Airplanes ???

I don't know about "sexy" ... but if you don't find something positively phallic about this aircraft .... **sigh** ... well, I just don't know about you ....

Bernie Kosar

Sexy Airplanes ???

I don't know about "sexy" ... but if you don't find something positively phallic about this aircraft .... **sigh** ... well, I just don't know about you ....

I think the mission of the aircraft contributes to its “sexiness.” In reality, my perceptions are probably inaccurate, but when I think of the A-6 I imagine getting into the aircraft in the middle of the night. Launching off of an aircraft carrier to embark on a mission… butterflies in my stomach as I fly over the ocean and then having increased feelings of trepidation as I approach land and maneuver the aircraft low to the ground (Knowing that I have a chance of being shot down) maneuvering through valleys and being shot at as the plane takes flak from the ground…. Dropping bombs on a target and then trying to make my way back to the aircraft carrier... until I land.... safe and exhausted... I just don't get the same feeling of excitment with the F-18 (don't get me wrong I'd do anything to fly one... or any airplane for a living). I've probably just been interested with the same aircraft for too long... As far as the F-14 is concerned, the interceptor role was just cool and the F-14 is also the coolest looking plane ever

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Did i make some kind of pun and not realize it? :confused:
Ironic ... all this "sexy" airplane talk must have gotten to me ... I just got out of the shower.

But yes, Junior :) ... you did. I'm going to let you figure it out --- part of your training, if you will.

There was a patch floating around back-in-the-day in the A-6 squadrons that simply stated:

OUR PROBES ARE ALWAYS ERECT

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Ironic ... all this "sexy" airplane talk must have gotten to me ... I just got out of the shower.

But yes, Junior :) ... you did. I'm going to let you figure it out --- part of your training, if you will.

There was a patch floating around back-in-the-day in the A-6 squadrons that simply stated:

OUR PROBES ARE ALWAYS ERECT

D'oh!! Now I get it. Sorry for the confusion. Was just wondering what you had to say about the A-4, but I think I know the answer. :D

a-4-DNSN8907087_JPG.jpg

Cool? Indeed. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... Was just wondering what you had to say about the A-4, but I think I know the answer. :D
We're going to move you up in the class seating roster. But the A-4 ???

Whenever someone asks me "how do you like the 747??"

I always tell them ... "The Whale ??? It's my second favorite all-time airplane". :)