• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New planes not as sexy?

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
I always thought the Skyraider was a sexy aircraft.

2537150f.jpg

But of course grunts always love the guys who get down & dirty

a10_1.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....... when I think of the A-6 I imagine getting into the aircraft in the middle of the night.....etc., etc.....land ... safe and exhausted ...
Seriously, if Aviation doesn't work out, you might try screenwriting. That was beautiful Bernie ... positively inspiring. It almost makes me want to saddle up and "launch 'em" all over again ... :) ... almost.

But you didn't take it to it's logical conclusion; the next step: dripping wet from sweat .... debrief with MAINT and INTEL (both of whom hate you and don't believe anything you say anyway:)) .... stop by the Ready Room .... go to your stateroom ... have a cigarette ... pour yourself a stout drink .... fall into the rack .... mutilate a cruise sock if you can stay awake ... :eek: ... lights out.

.... and do it all over again tomorrow. :)

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
... go back to your stateroom ... have a cigarette ... pour yourself a stout drink .... fall into the rack .... mutilate a cruise sock if you can stay awake ... :eek: ... lights out.

That's nasty. By the end of cruise everybodys socks and white t shirts have had a serious go of it. It's time to just through those puppies out and start anew.

JIMMY

*thread jack:

what do the different abbreviations mean on the Tails (e.g. "NF", "NH", "AB", "NK")

Thanks

*end thread jack

-jP

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
This isn't current...but you get the point

CVW-1 AB CV-67 USS John F. Kennedy
CVW-2 NE CV-64 USS Constellation
CVW-3 AC CVN-75 USS Harry S. Truman
CVW-5 NF CV-63 USS Kitty Hawk
CVW-6 AE - disestablished -
CVW-7 AG CVN-69 USS Dwight D. Eisenhower
CVW-8 AJ CVN-65 USS Enterprise
CVW-9 NG CVN-74 USS John C. Stennis
CVW-10 NM - disestablished -
CVW-11 NH CVN-70 USS Carl Vinson
CVW-14 NK CVN-72 USS Abraham Lincoln
CVW-15 NL - disestablished -
CVW-17 AA CVN-73 USS George Washington
CVWR-20 AF - no more F-14 squadrons -
CVWR-30 ND - disestablished -

JIMMY

I'd love to fly something that you can keep the cockpit doors open while you fly.

i gotta tell u, the coolest plane ive ever flown (not that i have an extensive or exotic list to boast about) is a Piper J-3 cub. i swear, thats old skool... and a LOT of fun with the left window and right window/door open. if someone asked me if i wanted to fly a cub, or an extra 300 for free (and for arguments sake, they both cost the same amount to rent) i would have a hard decision choosing which one to fly. thats how cool it is flying with everything open. and u can buy them for cheap too:D

-jP