• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New planes not as sexy?

Bernie Kosar

Just out of curiosity (I can’t really judge since I’ve never flown any of these aircraft... or any of the new ones... ), but does anybody else feel like the planes that are currently in the fleet (that have replaced the old ones) are not as sexy as the old ones? I mean... the A-6 and the F-14 were just kick a**

pdx

HSM Pilot
Just out of curiosity (I can’t really judge since I’ve never flown any of these aircraft), but does anybody else feel like the planes that are currently in the fleet (that have replaced the old ones) are not as sexy as the old ones? I mean... the A-6 and the F-14 were just kick a**

No plane is ever as sexy as the ones you grew up with.

thenuge

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Just out of curiosity (I can’t really judge since I’ve never flown any of these aircraft... or any of the new ones... ), but does anybody else feel like the planes that are currently in the fleet (that have replaced the old ones) are not as sexy as the old ones? I mean... the A-6 and the F-14 were just kick a**

The Tomcats were badass. That being said, up close and personal they were not as sexy. Whizzin' hydraulic fluid and fuel all over the damn place in between sorties and all this...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tomcat was a very sexy looking aircaft with its swing delta wing. Probably the epitomy of the interceptor/fighter. But.. I love how my Rhino looks...

JIMMY

The Tomcats were badass. That being said, up close and personal they were not as sexy. Whizzin' hydraulic fluid and fuel all over the damn place in between sorties and all this...

WAH?!!! it aint sexy unless its leakin... and if it aint leakin, its either out of something... or an AF bird. :)

thenuge

I don't know? The Super Hornets are pretty. Couple good Tomcat shots.

(I did not take these)

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 116
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 114
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 99
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 67
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 68
  • untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 107

thenuge

Then there is always the good ole' Jolly Rogers.

Attachments

• web_040814-F-6740T-173.jpg
    web_040814-F-6740T-173.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 131

JIMMY

sweet pics, thx for posting. well, super hornets are still sexy even if they dont leak. and of course tomcats rock!

MasterBates

I think the SH-2F (LAMPS MK-I) looks better than the LAMPS MK-III (60B). 7K lighter and the same engines with the SH-2G SuperSeasprite!