• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Hooters pics from Mad Dog . . . .

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unfortunately that isn't even an authorized uniform anymore, though that would likely be more helpful to the cause of any Magnum wannabes trying to get FOS'd.
I may be the only guy on AW who wore Tropical Khaki complete with pith helmet. Dodge, 1983. It was a thing. Custom tailored khaki shorts could be had from the tailor. 'stach wasn't Magnum PI worthy though.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
1) boooooooo clickbait
2) full length photo still necessary for when NCIS has to pull you, your classified info, and your bag of cash off an airplane bound for [insert foriegn adversary nation or obscure tiny paradise sans extradition treaty here]

NCIS already has plenty of photos of you by that point...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I may be the only guy on AW who wore Tropical Khaki complete with pith helmet. Dodge, 1983. It was a thing. Custom tailored khaki shorts could be had from the tailor. 'stach wasn't Magnum PI worthy though.
Nope. I did it in 1985 and 1987.

How about Service Dress Blue Yankee or the "Yatching Uniform"?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I know...although Delta isn't retiring their MD-88's/MD-90's as fast as American is retiring their Super 80's. I don't know what I'm going to do...I've been on the MD-88/MD-90 for over 10 years now...sort of set in my ways. The 'plan' was to move over to left seat of the MD-88/MD-90 and retire on it...but that's probably not going to happen due to the upcoming aircraft retirements. I need to figure something else out that's as painless as possible...I hate the school house. I'll probably go to the B-717 aka MD-95 aka 'Mini Dog' out of Detroit and call it a day...AND then I'll submit a request for a username change (from 'mad dog' to 'mini dog') at AW. :D

robav8r

None
Contributor
Negative Ghost Rider. My squadron wore them on a Roosey deployment in 2002/3.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hope. Got me there.

That was the only place I ever saw them, Dodge.

I am a little disappointed the Navy is getting rid of almost all the optional uniform items, there was no harm in keep AWG's, cloaks and tropical whites on the books.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
so you still have to have a current photo in your record, but it won't be displayed on the screen...? I'm guessing it's for quick reaction press releases.

The policy was this way back when we did this the last time, as well. No photo was required for the board, but you were required to have one in your record. I had an O-1 picture in my record until I went up for O-5 when the policy changed again (to what it just was). No one cared.