• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

I called my recruiter today and asked him about this. He said he could not send my package to Tennessee without MEPS or my PRT in it. So it's a, "He said, she said", between the recruiters. I never said that there wasn't a "new format". You stated that the new format excluded your PRT scores and MEPS. I highly doubt that they are going to make a decision to let someone in without the results of a physical and the PRT. I <might> be able to buy the PRT though. I do know that there are a few items which are sent to Tennessee after you are accepted. Supposedly (from my recruiter) theses are trivial paper duties. Hawk: Yes I think you CAN take the PRT as many times as you want and they will take the one with the best scores.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

http://www.geocities.com/ronhollin/

hawk

Thanks rhollin. I think my recruiter is like yours and wants to send everything in all at once, PRT and all, rather than just the advanced docs first. Makes more sense to me to do it that way than just sending in the advanced docs first, especially since the PRT is a big part of it.

bart27

rhollin: Thanks for calling your recruit...what he and you said makes sense...if I was the board, I would want to see an applicants medical history and physical ability before giving them a slot. I just don't know why my recruit is using this method.

leonsparx

i'm in the same situation as bart27, with an application for sna and intel. my recruiter is also sending in a less-than-complete package, minus meps and prt info.

but i think rhollin1 is right on one thing--they won't make a decision to offer a slot based just on the seq questionnaire, application, transcripts, etc. BUT, they will decide if they want more information, or if it's not worth the trouble, time, and $$$$ to administer a prt and physical to a guy that isn't what theyre looking for.

rhollin1

Again guys, you have to realize that we are all in different parts of the country. So the process could be different. I have heard that each area is "given" a certain amount of spots that they can fill. Maybe there is something going on with that. It's weird because EVERYONE has heard SOMETHING different about this process. I spent the first 3 months of this process worrying about this or that. But recently (bout 3 weeks ago) I said screw it. What will be will be. If they don't take me now I will resubmit and if they don't take me then I will again resubmit. I WILL BE A NAVAL OFFICER!!! If you are having a hard time believing your recruiter (however I highly doubt he/she is lying about anything they tell you)then call a recruiter in a different area. Or call around to 2 or 3 recruiters until you get the information you are looking for. That's what I did.

psrogers

Intel Officer
'What will be will be.' - I like that.
'I WILL BE A NAVAL OFFICER!!' - Good stuff.

Seriously though, I hope they will consider me without my PRT, because I didn't send it! It is a little hard to believe (and would be disappointing to find out) that my recruiters wasted their time talking to me if they were just setting me up to fail...

bart27- My recruiter said I can choose.

Adrenaline Rush

hey just want to know why you guys have that burning desire to be a naval officer as opposed to another branch..i mean i dont think your born knowing whether you want to be a coast guard, army, navy, or air force officer,, so just being curious, why navy?

rhollin1

Well, I'm prior Navy so it goes without saying that I bleed Navy blue. When some people are asked what branch they are in, they cringe. I for one am proud that I was a sailor. So it's only natural that I would choose the Navy again. But that's just me!!

ghost_ttu

Adrenaline, I'm a flight whore. You could put a sign on me that reads "Have planes, will fly" So anyone willing to let me fly and I'll be happy to be in that branch. Nuff said.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt....Didn't say it always works though"

bart27

I originally looked into the AF b/c i knew they had more flying opportunities, but after being screwed over by my local AF recruiter it left a bad taste in my mouth. My grandfather and uncle were Navy and so too is my best friend. I believe things happen for a reason, but now my future is in the boards hands.

Mike26

I am a flight whore as well, I am in the Air Force and love the Air Force, but because the Navy is giving me some, ie pilot slot, I will now learn to love the Navy

psrogers

Intel Officer
AF told me it was the most like a civilian job I could get in the military. I said that the reason that I was joining the military was to not have a civilian job.

I would have liked to join the army but everyone with experience said not to, but to join the navy instead.

Navy is the oldest, most mobile, ubiquotous force. Plus I live on the sea, love water, don't ever intend to live away from it.

I am trying not to think about flying now because I eyes have temporarily shattered the dream.

stevew

Back to the original subject of this topic.... I just spoke to my recruiter and he said that this "new format" is about 2 months old and is very unofficial. Meaning that they collect all your info except for your MEPS visit ( you just fill out a quick form re: your health with your recruiter instead), PRT, and backround check. Assuming you get OK'd from Millington for your OCS spot then you then go down to MEPS and they do your security clearance afterwards. My recruiter said that he does the PRT before he submits you app because it has happened that Millington came back to him and said "by the way how was this guy's PRT scores" even though they officially don't ask for it until you've been granted a slot. So the whole thing is very new and a bit unorganized. My recruiter said that the reason for this was because of the backlog at MEPS, since most people check out OK anyway they figured that they should wait until you have an OCS spot before they waste their time on your physical since they have their hands full anyway.

Meridiani

I just took the PRT this morning (after having my application submitted last week) and finally had a good chat with my recruiter. She basically told me everything that stevew just said. I had already gone to the MEPS and gotten my physical, but she didn't submit that paperwork with my application. This new system seems a little weird--I wonder if it'll last long. BTW - she also gave me the impression that each district has its own quota for OCS slots. She did say that even though a district may have filled its quota (e.g. for pilot), sometimes they will grant a slot for an exceptional candidate. So hope does spring eternal...

Status
Not open for further replies.