• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Car For A New Officer?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Oh my, I would not only give FlyNavy's left nut, but my own also, to have that car. Very Nice.

I chose to use this as my LCDR-mobile. Got it as my promotion gift to myself.
For the unclean, that is a 1955 Dodge Power Wagon. Balanced and 'printed motor, new wiring, new brakes. With 5.83 gears, that little fella was screaming at 50 mph. It went everywhere I pointed it, just not very fast.
molon_labe

No offense Doc, but that thing looks like a giant piece of shit. :icon_tong

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
No offense Doc, but that thing looks like a giant piece of shit. :icon_tong

Come on. The thing is just getting broken in now. I say give it another 50 years and then it will REALLY look like shit.

Come on. The thing is just getting broken in now. I say give it another 50 years and then it will REALLY look like shit.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sure, it looks like shit and I highly doubt it has a B&BP engine in it but it would be a good conversation peice. The crap on the hood makes it prime for some Hollywood desert prospector flick where the guy gets bit on the dick by a snake and it turns him into a psychopath killer.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sure, it looks like shit and I highly doubt it has a B&BP engine in it but it would be a good conversation peice. The crap on the hood makes it prime for some Hollywood desert prospector flick where the guy gets bit on the dick by a snake and it turns him into a psychopath killer.

Knock my truck all you want to.

But don't make the mistake of calling me a liar with this statement: "I highly doubt it has a B&BP."

:icon_rage:icon_rage

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s, what ever became of the Shelby? Please, don't tell me you sold it in 1976 for $500....:eek::eek:
Yup. I sold it when I left Texas. Got 3 1/2 times the price I originally paid ... what a "good deal", huh??? Even "sweeter" when I see what restored ones are going for today .... :eek:

But I got tired of the Dark Side, a.k.a. Satan's Daughter born-again, nagging me about the time and money I was going to spend to restore it to showroom condition -- sooooooooooooooo ....

I got rid of a fine automobile and (later) got rid of her. She cost much, much more than a restored Shelby to get rid of, however .... :D

I think there's a lesson there ....

Knock my truck all you want to.

But don't make the mistake of calling me a liar with this statement: "I highly doubt it has a B&BP."

:icon_rage:icon_rage

OK, it's the only B & BP 230 cu in 6 left in existance? :p Now we're into serious collector status!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
bradler,

I heard that these two were extremely popular choices...everyone in the squadron would think you were cool if you drove one. :D

21-2007-mini-cooper-s-mk-2-ii.jpg

Mazda_miata.jpg

You assumed incorrectly. It is not a 230, that faded long before I bought it. The motor is an old 4-bolt 350 out of a Chevy truck.

Interesting conversion, small compact mill and with that rear 4 bolt ain't a bad thing. Somebody probably had choice of several to drop in. Money or brains not being a factor a 354 or 392 would have been unique if trying to stay with vintage and not origonality.