• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Car For A New Officer?

I don't know about boring but yea, you can't do shit to them. I like like the GPS and heated/cooled seats, SAT radio, performance...oh and decent gas mileage(relatively speaking).

GPS and radio can be added, seats are another matter. Performance? Define that, a A or K code 289 will pretty much outdo anything today up to that 25K he was looking at and yes, looks do matter. Plus one can do MUCH more with them, I dropped a 94 5.0 in mine and it suprises the kids, decent gas mileage, low compression, sounds great and classic lines. What's better than a 60's pony car for that kind of money? Matter of preferance I guess but nowadays boxes are boring.
Moot at this point, he's keeping his Jeepney which is probably a smart move.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
.... What's better than a 60's pony car .....

What is better? ... An early 1950's Brit roadster:eek:

ah.jpg

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what happens to that new car payment when you DON'T make it through OCS or flight school??? Lots of stuff can happen (not all of it completely within your control). Keep driving what you have, find out what your future really has in store for you and then buy something. BTW - RR is right on, worst investment you can make is buying new. Just my .02c

I concur with Fog. I would wait and see. As long as your ride has some wheels and gets you to where you need to go, you're set.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Do military personnel get a discount on loan rates? Or just flat out am I thinking I will be moving and carrying more stuff then I actually will?

Don't know anything about military discounts - but I would be pretty wary of any dealership (invariably right next to base) that advertises "We sell to military buyers" or something along those lines.

Those dealerships are basically loan sharks, a lot of Junior E's and saltier people who should know better, get saddled up with some insane 30% APR rate or so, and those dealers know they can go to your command and get your wages garnished if you are in over your head.

If you are somewhat car savvy you can get good deals on places like craigslist.com, but it is a private seller, so if you aren't too knowledgeable about cars, you might get stuck with a lemon.

Through craigslist I bought a cherry '78 F-150 w/ beefy suspension and a < 1 year old crate engine and a lot of other goodies for $2K. Had to shop around for awhile and drive an hour out of town, but it was worth it for me.

MasterBates

Brett, can I just borrow that when I go to the closing on my old house whenever it sells..

I just want to see the look on the Ex's face..

Raptor2216

Brett,

Posting up that picture is just flat out cruel and then telling us you own it...need I say more? I would kill to have a car like that...and now I just might have to.

I will give you a deal on the 2 seater from hell.... costs more to maintain then a plane!!!

dsc039067ld.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't buy new!!!!!

Here's a classic being sold here at USNA by a fellow LT. PM me if interested. Would make a great EnsignMobile and leave some $$$ left over, too.

1971 FORD BRONCO for Sale
( Posted 06/20/2007 by LT XXXXXXX)1971 Bronco 4X4, 302 V8 Crate Engine (Jan'05, not more than 1500 miles put on it yet), rebuilt 4 speed manual trans (Jan'03), power disc breaks (front), power steering.

Bronco was purchased Dec 05' from an LT who had the Bronco shipped here from California March of '05, minimal rust on frame and sheet metal. All rubber in excellent condition. Chrome bumpers & emblems (w/ custom chrome grill guard), new carpet w/ Quite Ride Insulation. Completely rewired with all gauges, lights, blinkers & horn working perfectly, stainless quick removable door hinges, CD player, chrome headers with 2" dual exhaust and Flowmaster mufflers. I have rear seat (removed in pictures) & soft top to go w/ sale. Too much to list but I have a folder with receipts of all parts going into this beautiful Bronco since 1999 (almost $16,000 in receipts).

Please PM Schnugg for photos of entire truck.

A great Bronco that has been used as a daily driver for the last year, mechanically sound, everything works, no surprises and will not let you down. You will not find a Bronco on the east coast in this good of shape for this price, $10,500 obo, call 443-xxx-xxxx.

CIMG0048.jpg

CIMG0047.jpg

CIMG0046.jpg

phrogpilot73

Schnugg, that is a sweet ride - and I agree that it's a perfect Ensign mobile... I'd be willing to bet if I showed it to my wife, we'd be buying our 5th LT/Capt mobile...

HOWEVER, Brett's photo made me just have a ridiculously strong desire to stop taking Master's classes and start taking law classes. I need to be a lawyer...