• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New BAH policy...

incubus852

pilot
I just got back from the PSD brief. Apparently, the BAH for the following conditions is $595...not $916 or whatever it's going up to for 2008. It's called transient BAH.

If you are:
a newly commissioned officer (not prior), basically checking in right about now
a SNA not SNFO
not married
do not have follow on orders

Then this BAH applies to you. Anyone have an idea about the rationale behind this? :icon_rage

BourneID

pilot
again this is speculation on my part, but due to all the conditions you mentioned, it is probably encourage you to live in the BOQ, so they can up the boq manning, and not have you pocket BAH when you split a 3 bedroom place with 2 of your other buddies.

SQUIDutah

pilot
The way it has been explained to Flight Management is those recieving "transient BAH" will recieve $60 a day from check-in and up to 140 days. You will not recieve this money until you check in at Vance or Corpus for Primary.

incubus852

pilot
The way it has been explained to Flight Management is those recieving "transient BAH" will recieve $60 a day from check-in and up to 140 days. You will not recieve this money until you check in at Vance or Corpus for Primary.

Same PSD brief said no per diem. Per diem is only for people with follow on orders I think

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I were you I would so some research on orders etc, this sounds fishy to me. The various stipulations in regards to prior and not prior particularly sounds supsect. Knowledge is power, go read the orders it might save you lots of money.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
And remember, just because someone said it (or even if they are actually doing it) does not mean they have the authority to do that.

We had similar issue with housing allowance (not quite as odd as that, actually) and a lot of guys didn't ask questions. New Officers, didn't have experience getting screwed yet, didn't poke around too much, accpeted it as "It's how he military is." The guys who did some homework and wouldn't let it drop ended up with fat checks for their efforts.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I just got back from the same brief and something sounded very fishy about it to me too.

I was making more as an E-3 doing nothing in college than I am now as an O-1 in Pensacola. It's all due to the transient BAH.

This seems ridiculously wrong to me.

Tom and other BDCP guys, did you end up getting regular BAH? I personally saw the lady who gave the brief change me from regular BAH to transient BAH on a computer screen.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Isn't this the same policy that was coming about for Academy stashes up in Annapolis last year?

The question to ask PSD is to show you the message and/or instruction that authorizes this. Then you can go research what it says and go from there. Also, share the knowledge so the next guy won't get screwed/is expecting to get screwed.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I just got back from the PSD brief. Apparently, the BAH for the following conditions is $595...not $916 or whatever it's going up to for 2008. It's called transient BAH.

If you are:
a newly commissioned officer (not prior), basically checking in right about now
a SNA not SNFO
not married
do not have follow on orders

Then this BAH applies to you. Anyone have an idea about the rationale behind this? :icon_rage

Sooo.. does this apply to someone who's been here since July, and been drawing P-cola BAH since that time?

If so, I guess I should just plan on living in a box for the next few weeks. :(

UMichfly

pilot
None
If so, I guess I should just plan on living in a box for the next few weeks. :(

Wanna split rent on that box? I think there are going to be a lot of unhappy mo-fo's down here if the BAH really did change. I have heard lots of rumors via the well established Ensign BS rumor pool that there are lots of new games they're playing with pay/BAH so I'm waiting to see a change on my LES before I freak out and start selling coke...I mean...uh...

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Wanna split rent on that box? I think there are going to be a lot of unhappy mo-fo's down here if the BAH really did change. I have heard lots of rumors via the well established Ensign BS rumor pool that there are lots of new games they're playing with pay/BAH so I'm waiting to see a change on my LES before I freak out and start selling coke...I mean...uh...

Hey man, sounds good. It's not gonna be a big one though.. I'm thinking TV box. If we save our pennies though, we might be able to "move on up" to a refrigerator box... I'm just glad I'm outta here in February (hopefully.)