• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Help In Stronger Package

sesty

My friend is not a computer geek like me. He would rather talk to someone in person or on the phone rather than online.

badger16

None
Are interviews only associated with prior enlisted? I don't have any in my package and my recruiter never asked about any. The first I heard of them was no this site. Do they weigh the same as an LOR?

sesty

I heard the interviews is not required for civilians only prior that is required but check with your recruiter.

sesty

31 prior ETC with 12 years of svs
BS in Nuclear Technology from Regents College
AQR:4
PFAR:4
FOFAR:4
PBIO:5
FOBIO:3
OAR:44
Applied for NFO-due to eyes cant be SNA in Jan 2001 was accepted in April 2001 originally for SWO(had to retake the ASTB to get a 4 in FOFAR before OCS)then changed to NFO at OCS. Went to OCS in Sept 01. Graduated top in class in primary-so those scores are supposed to prdict attrition...buncha bull, I'm still in the program with the minimum scores :)

As for a respond to the quote above, for those haters who think the Navy don't know what they are doing when they selected me for SNA the Navy saw something in me that they liked. It doesn’t matter what’s your GPA or ASTB scores its how badly you want it.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
As for a respond to the quote above, for those haters who think the Navy don't know what they are doing when they selected me for SNA the Navy saw something in me that they liked. It doesn’t matter what’s your GPA or ASTB scores its how badly you want it.

You'll find a lot of "haters" around here... get used to it. The grammar has GOT to improve, bro.

As for waiting, if you hang around here long enough you will find that relatively little in the military is ever guaranteed so if you get the opportunity to do something that so many of us would kill for, man up and go. This is your future career we're talking about, not summer camp.

oh btw, your GPA and ASTB scores DO matter. They very closely reflect how badly you want it.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I know... my comment was a tongue-in-cheek reference to his... umm... "slightly" below par GPA... I guess the sarcasm didn't play through the text.

I noticed the potential sarcasm. However, I was trying to highlight for all the haters, not necessarily you, that strong performance in the service of your country during an enlistment can EASILY outweigh poor academic performance in high school. That being said, I know phrogpilot73's enlisted performance might not have been too obvious in this thread, but highlights can be found around AW. I also happen to know him.

FYI, I use the term "haters" loosely. I am pretty sure no one is making these comments out of arrogance, but more likely ignorance. AW is here to educate.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I say tell him to reapply. If you wish to delay your OCS spot, I will jump on it and take your spot. You can have mine when it comes around...

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Are interviews only associated with prior enlisted? I don't have any in my package and my recruiter never asked about any. The first I heard of them was no this site. Do they weigh the same as an LOR?

I was prior enlisted, but then got out for a year to finish school before applying for OCS. I did not have to do any interviews. I think the interview thing is just for people who are currently enlisted when applying.

-Ken

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, how cute. You two can go to OCS with your BFF..

So will you two be holding hands during RLPs?

You have shot at becoming a Naval Aviator. Help your buddy, but waiting to go to OCS until he is accepted (may be never, may be in 6 months) is stupid IMHO..

Harsh, but...yeah. +1. No reason you can't help your buddy, but the Navy ain't typically real understanding about "I'm waiting to class up with my friend". You got in the door, dude, time to get going with your life.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
fishxxxev9.jpg