• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy vs. Air Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

KState_Poke22

I really didn't think it would be a big deal to just ask a question. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, maybe some of it was my fault but its still kinda ridiculous.

I'm just wondering why you would choose to do this. This seems very blackshoe. Smiles in effect.

I'm trying to look at it in the perspective that I don't want the level of difficulty to influence my decision too much. If flying for the Navy is what I decide I want to do rather than the Air Force, I don't want to join the Air Force just because its easier.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I really didn't think it would be a big deal to just ask a question. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, maybe some of it was my fault but its still kinda ridiculous.

You made it a big deal when you called someone an asshole. Great way to start off posting.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KState_Pokemon,
Think, Squeeze, Talk. Don't post without thinking of the ramifications and who you are talking to. Sage advice from those that have been before you (not me, I just repeat it)

All others:
Wait, wasn't that was for a different thread?

FastMover

NFO
None
Warren Buffett has a quote that I've always liked.

"If you find yourself in a hole, quit digging."

Smart man...

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Is someone going to lock this or will the dogpile continue?

KSTATE you fvcked up... and now you're being thrown on the fire for everyone's amusement and education...

KState_Poke22

I don't really care that I'm being thrown in the fire, go ahead and berate me, I don't really care anymore. By the way kmac, you are probably one of the more clever people I've ever seen, Kstate_pokeMON. Wow, you're pretty damn smart...

By the way, the reason I was mad earlier wasn't because he was impolite it was because he thought I was only looking at the Navy because I thought it might be easier to get a pilot slot. The reason I would go Navy is because its what I really want to do, not because it's easier.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't really care that I'm being thrown in the fire, go ahead and berate me, I don't really care anymore. By the way kmac, you are probably one of the more clever people I've ever seen, Kstate_pokeMON. Wow, you're pretty damn smart...

By the way, the reason I was mad earlier wasn't because he was impolite it was because he thought I was only looking at the Navy because I thought it might be easier to get a pilot slot. The reason I would go Navy is because its what I really want to do, not because it's easier.

Dude, it is the internet.......just sit back, watch and use the search function. You will find more info than you ever wanted to know about your question. Just be a fly on the wall.......;)

Reactions: Tom

Kriegadler

Kstate, you're are two things: young and inexperienced. Show some respect, bro. This isn't myspace or facebook.

From the perspective of a Midshipman whose roommate is an Air Force Cadet, I'd say the Naval aviation is more relaxed compared to the Air Force. My roommate has had to do things at ungodly times of the night for no reason other than...and I'm not kidding...spirit points. I pray that's not a military tradition. However, that being said...same team. That's the proper mindset. Is it easier to get into Naval Flight school that Air Force, personally I think so. But, if you spend the next four years learning the ropes of the AF, pull the right ones, get a flight slot and a 22, ok. Good for ya.

As for differences, the others guys are right. Do a search first. Show some initiative. That will get you far no matter what you're doing. Be a go getter and find the answer. Then come back with specifics.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
How about show a little respect? You've already tried to call out an officer that has his wings... (note the gold wings under some guys names...) Thats going to dig you a hole no matter where you chose to pursue your goals. And it really doesn't matter whether you think he was being an asshole or not you don't rate talking to him like that, and if thats how you are going to respond to an officer that you feel is being a jerk you are going to have a very difficult (short) road ahead of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.