• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy to Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Just an update from the Helo side. Apparently the program is on hold right now. A few months ago the CO told us it was a set thing and was gonna happen. Then last week or so she told us that the helo Navy-to-Marine tour was not happening just yet and they didnt know what was really going to happen with it.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Patmack18 said:
People coming out of primary that are competitive for jets, didn't get picked up, and want to txfr to the Marines in order to fly jets... is this the group that this program is designed for?

yes, THIS is my question!!!

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
mworrell said:
I had someone ask around about this a few weeks ago and they told me that the Navy wasn't ready to let anyone transfer yet.

The Senior Marine of TW1 down here in Meridian just had an all Marine meeting and informed us that the Navy to Marine helo tour was a go as well as the Navy to Marine Jet slots. The difference is the helo guys will remain helo pilots for the Navy and just fly Marine birds, the jet pilots will have to complete TBS upon getting winged. Once winged, before reporting to TBS they will already have their orders to the FRS and duty station.
Looks like there will be 12 jet slots, and 60 helo slots (30 this year, 30 next). He said the jet slots would be open to those primary studs who are smoking the program (high 50s-60s NSS) who don't get that one jet slot a week that goes to the stud with a 70+ NSS. No word on whether the offer will go out to E2-C2 studs, but it is worth looking into at your squadron if you are interested.

Jeff29

Science Project
Back on the actual topic here. Does anyone know if the Corps is offering any incentive (i.e. platform, location, uniform allowance, etc.)?

Rainman

pilot
yeah. except for the onesies and twosies that wanted to go Marine at the academy or some J1 / J2 bubba who feels he is destined for Prowlers. . I wonder the same thing.

So an ensign in primary could put on his dream sheet. . navy jets (1) Marine transfer hornet jets (2). .. that's probably a pretty good incentive for the "jets or die" crowd.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
During our AOM today we were told that the 12-14 slots are up for guys in any of the 4 VT jet squadrons. We were also told that the Navy is overmanned by 60 bodies in the pipeline. The 60 bodies will go through attrition or........60 bodies are going one way or another.

Mworrell22

So, has anyone heard anything new about being able to transfer? I would like to take the challenge of becoming a Marine. Does anyone know someone I can talk to in Kingsville?

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
Alright, no more interservice rivalry crap from me, just having fun bustin eachothers balls, but now it is old. Like EODave said, we are all here for the same reason, fighting for the same side. Hope I didn't offend!

MWorrel,
Any word on being able to make the transfer? I remember at primary you saying you originally wanted a Marine contract, but for some reason it didn't work out. Anyway, keep us posted and good luck!

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Thread cleaned of all the B.S. If you guys would like to take other topics to the war room, then feel free. Lets use this thread for providing useful info.

wilsonator

Greetings Gents,
I spoke with a RAG instructor this weekend and just asked if he knew anything about the backup and what may happen to the studs who aren't winged yet if we don't do the Marine switcharoo. He did some investigating (asked some people of higher rank) and said not to worry. Things may be slow going but people who have already selected will not be told to go home or have their slots taken away but he said the people in the API pool may not be so lucky. This could be a complete crock but, thought I'd share. Maybe Rumorbuster could shed some light?
Jake

petescheu

mworrel-
Sounds like you just checked in, not sure if you are in 21 or 22. Either way, if you come up to 21's ready room there is an email posted on the marine board with all the details you'll need. Talk to the SDO, he'll point you to the senior marine.

60 bodies??? That's like every single TS kid in TW-2 and then some- that's insane. I really wonder sometimes what personnel does all day where they end up getting the numbers so off...

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
We have more than double that, just in 7. No wonder you guys fly through the program in no time.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
EODDave said:
We have more than double that, just in 7. No wonder you guys fly through the program in no time.

hahahhahahahaha
"fly through the program in no time"
hahahahhahaha

oh that's rich

/6months in and still haven't finished fams

Status
Not open for further replies.