• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Navy to end ending all enlisted ratings!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
You think there was a discussion....? :)

If there was, I suspect it went something like this:

CNO: Sir, this is going to happen; either now or later.
SECNAV: Fuck it. Just make sure my last flight on the Gulfstream is on bio-fuel.
CNO: <<<sighs and walks away>>>
SECNAV: For real though ya'll... I want it to smell like chicken nuggets and shit!

exNavyOffRec

I never stopped using them...
Nice to see the Navy get back in line with my way of doing business.

I wonder if admin will reprint awards that just say "Petty Officer" and change them to the way they should be, or more important fix those retirement documents that say "PO or CPO" to the proper rate.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
I wonder if admin will reprint awards that just say "Petty Officer" and change them to the way they should be, or more important fix those retirement documents that say "PO or CPO" to the proper rate.
Those PO & CPO 1650s and citations are gonna be collectors' items in a few decades!

I hope the NMCI global address book crashes from all the change requests at 0805 tomorrow.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You think there was a discussion....? :)

If there was, I suspect it went something like this:

CNO: Sir, this is going to happen; either now or later.
SECNAV: Fuck it. Just make sure my last flight on the Gulfstream is on bio-fuel.
CNO: <<<sighs and walks away>>>
SECNAV: For real though ya'll... I want it to smell like chicken nuggets and shit!
Would the absolute ultimate irony not be if Mabus' final flight crashed due to some issue with the bio-fuel? I'm picturing a furrowed browed NTSB investigator, pouring blue-green algae out of a Gulfstream V fuel filter into a 500ml beaker.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I was involved with some of this process. There's a lot of sensible reasons behind the changes, and as valuable as tradition is, the rating system was causing a lot of problems. This is kind of a cut-the-knot solution, but it needed doing.

I am glad SECNAV decided to keep "Seaman" in use. We couldn't come up with an alternative that didn't sound dumb.
Involved. . . That two sugars and one cream?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Millington deleted everyone's previous rate info already. Something about privacy regs. So when ratings are reinstated, the OPNAVINST will just let sailors pick whatever rating they want. I believe the wording is "Let you be you."

#notreally

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/12/21/reversal-navy-brings-back-beloved-ratings-system.html

and there was peace...and much rejoicing

much-rejoicing1.gif