• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

RiseR 25

Depends on what he meant by guarantee and in what context it was used.

For the Navy, your designator going into OCS is guaranteed if you are selected for it and meet all requirements/medical

Going off that, say you have it in writing prior to OCS report. Complete OCS, commission, get out into the fleet. For whatever reason you don't pass a physical post commissioning and pre API. Can they take your designator away and force another one onto you, being that you entered on a specific designator?

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Going off that, say you have it in writing prior to OCS report. Complete OCS, commission, get out into the fleet. For whatever reason you don't pass a physical post commissioning and pre API. Can they take your designator away and force another one onto you, being that you entered on a specific designator?

That definitely occurs... and "Needs of the Navy" prevails

And note everything is worded on the condition that you meet all requirements which includes medical

exNavyOffRec

My friend good friend C.F just started talking to a recruiter; long story short he has everything togeather for his package, including his medical. He only lacks taking the ASTB. The recruiter told C.F that if he gets competitive scores (being competitive by official Navy standards), he can Guarantee him a SNA slot. I have never heard of this from a Navy recruiter, however I can't say that I have spoken to very many recruiters. I am not saying that the recruiter is not telling the truth; but I am curious why he would make that statement as I have never heard of guaranteed slots outside of the USMC. Is it possible to get a guaranteed SNA slot, or is this just a myth?

I know some recruiters in the past have made promises that can't be delivered. I don't want to start a huge discussion, but am curious to the validity of the recruiter's statement and what is true and what is not. Thanks!

The recruiter can't guarantee him s**t, if he is pro Y by the board then the USN will guarantee him the OPPORTUNITY to become a Naval Aviator as long as he maintains his physical qualification and doesn't do anything to disqualify himself.

I would NEVER have said the words "I guarantee" and I would tell my applicants that, and tell them the reason I say that is I do not make the calls, I would tell them that I felt confident about their chances, or I would be surprised if they weren't picked up.

A recruiter should never use the words "I guarantee", ever!

FLYNAVY15

FUBIJAR
pilot
The recruiter can't guarantee him s**t, if he is pro Y by the board then the USN will guarantee him the OPPORTUNITY to become a Naval Aviator as long as he maintains his physical qualification and doesn't do anything to disqualify himself.

I would NEVER have said the words "I guarantee" and I would tell my applicants that, and tell them the reason I say that is I do not make the calls, I would tell them that I felt confident about their chances, or I would be surprised if they weren't picked up.

A recruiter should never use the words "I guarantee", ever!
That is prescisely what I thought; however I wanted to ask the group just to make sure I wasn't living under a rock.

alaurin

All day, every day!
Here's a bothersome tidbit I gleaned today-- Recruiter says Los Angeles MEPS is enforcing a new policy with eye exams- You must submit your eye exam, then wait 30 days. Within 4 days of the 30th days (ie: days 31, 32, 33, 34) go in for your entire exam. I told him I think it's something they're making up but quite frankly we don't have a choice in the matter so we might as well just carry on in the meantime. My university likes to do the same thing every quarter I register for classes regardless of me paying tuition so forgive me if I'm skeptical.

Good luck to those of you who make the board.

mtaylor

Meatgazer
Has anyone tried to log into https://ahdsedstws16.ahf.nmci.navy.mil/OA_HTML/npc.html to check their Selection Board Status?

I don't know if this is for current Navy folks only or if it allows civilians who have submitted a packet to check on it? Either way, I input my information and all I get is an error after I accept a few security certificates when using Mozilla Firefox here at work.

Do y'all mind trying it out and seeing what you find? Perhaps someone who has been in and has used this link before could provide some insight? It is found on the top right corner of http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/Pages/default.aspx.

FLYNAVY15

FUBIJAR
pilot
Just got off the phone with my recruiter. The rumor now is that there will probably not be any boards until July. All rumurs, no facts.

Everybody keep the faith!

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Has anyone tried to log into https://ahdsedstws16.ahf.nmci.navy.mil/OA_HTML/npc.html to check their Selection Board Status?

I don't know if this is for current Navy folks only or if it allows civilians who have submitted a packet to check on it? Either way, I input my information and all I get is an error after I accept a few security certificates when using Mozilla Firefox here at work.

Do y'all mind trying it out and seeing what you find? Perhaps someone who has been in and has used this link before could provide some insight? It is found on the top right corner of http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/Pages/default.aspx.

Cannot access it on my end...using Chrome and I.E

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Here's a bothersome tidbit I gleaned today-- Recruiter says Los Angeles MEPS is enforcing a new policy with eye exams- You must submit your eye exam, then wait 30 days. Within 4 days of the 30th days (ie: days 31, 32, 33, 34) go in for your entire exam. I told him I think it's something they're making up but quite frankly we don't have a choice in the matter so we might as well just carry on in the meantime. My university likes to do the same thing every quarter I register for classes regardless of me paying tuition so forgive me if I'm skeptical.

Good luck to those of you who make the board.

Yes that happened to me as well at LA

It's supposedly not a standard practice at other MEPS - but unfortunately, you just have to do it, wait and get the physical over with.

At the end of the day, what MEPS says is secondary - Navy N3M makes the final determination on your physical

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
Cannot access it on my end...using Chrome and I.E

Ok, I don't know if anyone prior service Navy has tried to log in, but I was able to get in easily. This log in allows you to see requests that NPC is handling for you. I had an old employment verification from my current employer etc. It does reference being able to check the status of a selection board, however the only information that I could find was in reference to current service members looking for boards such as LDO, NFO to Pilot, CWO etc etc as well as various enlisted boards for CMC selection etc. If anyone finds out anything else let me know :D