• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

Z0gsxr

Just got back from meeting with my OR... He let me know that he has full faith that these rolling boards are still viable, and are happening. Another applicant that he is working with had his application sent to an NFO community board early this week. His application was pro boarded back in mid March.... I don't know if that means a board is being held or not, but at least it was moved to an actual community.

My application is back to pro board status(it was bounced back because of a silly discrepancy), and my MEPS appointment is rescheduled.... Hurrying up, and waiting!!

Hopefully the ball starts rolling, and we start seeing some first hand news posted here soon!

John Gil

Just got back from meeting with my OR... He let me know that he has full faith that these rolling boards are still viable, and are happening. Another applicant that he is working with had his application sent to an NFO community board early this week. His application was pro boarded back in mid March.... I don't know if that means a board is being held or not, but at least it was moved to an actual community.

My application is back to pro board status(it was bounced back because of a silly discrepancy), and my MEPS appointment is rescheduled.... Hurrying up, and waiting!!

Hopefully the ball starts rolling, and we start seeing some first hand news posted here soon!
He told you that there was an NFO board this week?

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
I received word from my recruiter today that I was pro-rec'd for SNA! This must mean the rolling boards are not as mythical as we thought...Good luck to everybody and I hope you all hear some good news soon.
Congratulations! This is a surprise. Good luck to everyone!

BleedGreen

pilot
I received word from my recruiter today that I was pro-rec'd for SNA! This must mean the rolling boards are not as mythical as we thought...Good luck to everybody and I hope you all hear some good news soon.

Congratulations!

Did you recruiter mention anything about a board's results being released or just that your kit came back as being selected?

I wonder if their holding a full on board or just reviewing kits as they come in...

John Gil

Congratulations!

Did you recruiter mention anything about a board's results being released or just that your kit came back as being selected?

I wonder if their holding a full on board or just reviewing kits as they come in...
Also, when did you submit your package? What were your scores and gpa ect (if you don't mind sharing)?

Vandyman

Congrats lpelkn_26! Your packet was submitted early march right? If so, i think you were considered for the March 29th board. I wonder why it took so long for you to hear... unless they just held a different board and haven't told many people yet..

Here is the "final" astb score gouge

Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 8.28.58 PM.png

lpelkn_26

Thank you and good luck to everybody!
Congratulations!

My recruiter only mentioned that my kit was selected, nothing about a whole selection board.

Also, when did you submit your package? What were your scores and gpa ect (if you don't mind sharing)?

My package was submitted to my processor (NRD Phoenix) on March 4th. ASTB was 7/7/7-58 and my gpa is a 3.16 in optical engineering. I feel like my LORs were not the strongest. They were from my boss, a prior enlisted, and from an engineer. I also feel that my motivational statement was pretty good.

John Gil

Thank you and good luck to everybody!

My recruiter only mentioned that my kit was selected, nothing about a whole selection board.

My package was submitted to my processor (NRD Phoenix) on March 4th. ASTB was 7/7/7-58 and my gpa is a 3.16 in optical engineering. I feel like my LORs were not the strongest. They were from my boss, a prior enlisted, and from an engineer. I also feel that my motivational statement was pretty good.
My package went in the day after yours. Congrats again, your package was good enough so it doesn't matter now. Were you Nrotc?

arianjalali

I was not in NROTC, just focused on my school work and enjoyed college.

congratulations :) just curious about another element of your kit. what did you list as your available ship date for OCS? i'm wondering if this may have been why your application was looked at specifically..