• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

mtaylor

Meatgazer
People have been talking about this "rolling board" since the beginning of April. Personally I don't think it will happen until July or my application gets submitted which is May 1, 2013 :D

These "supposed" rolling boards have been going prior to April. It was maybe the end of February when my recruiters came back from meetings in NRD Dallas and gave me a phone call about this "golden opportunity" for Pilots/NFOs. They tried to get me to take the ASTB that same week he called me, I was unwilling to do that, and took a week and a half to study. My packet was submitted mid-March and I still haven't heard anything back yet.

I had just posted previously about when my recruiter called me last Thursday or so. He said he spoke with the Director directly and was told that they are hopefully going to get one done this current week. As it were, it is almost end of business Friday, and none of us have heard anything so my guess is they didn't have a board this week either. Or if they did then maybe we will find out results next week.

Not to be negative, and I do enjoy reading this thread, but the problem with threads like this is that we all feed on each other's hype and work ourselves up over something we don't have any control over. This whole situation is one big rumor mill, and everyone's recruiter seems to say/think something different than the others. I don't know about y'all but I have a full time job that occupies my time so I'm just remaining patient and I will find out when I find out.

I do appreciate hopping on here and checking up on the situation and see if anyone has new information though! Continued good luck to all!

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
"Not to be negative, and I do enjoy reading this thread, but the problem with threads like this is that we all feed on each other's hype and work ourselves up over something we don't have any control over. This whole situation is one big rumor mill, and everyone's recruiter seems to say/think something different than the others. I don't know about y'all but I have a full time job that occupies my time so I'm just remaining patient and I will find out when I find out"

This is GREAT advice....everyone just chill...other prior service like myself will tell you to get used to this...the Navy is on their OFP (Own F***ing Program) and this will never change. If you do get in, be aware, this is the norm. Luckily I know the deal from 5 years active already and I just jump on here to see if anyone is posting results lol. I was just telling my coworker today that all this thread does is work everyone up from the rumor mill haha. They will have boards...its inevitable! In the meantime...relax...workout...study that DEP book lol.

AirGuy

"Not to be negative, and I do enjoy reading this thread, but the problem with threads like this is that we all feed on each other's hype and work ourselves up over something we don't have any control over. This whole situation is one big rumor mill, and everyone's recruiter seems to say/think something different than the others. I don't know about y'all but I have a full time job that occupies my time so I'm just remaining patient and I will find out when I find out"

This is GREAT advice....everyone just chill...other prior service like myself will tell you to get used to this...the Navy is on their OFP (Own F***ing Program) and this will never change. If you do get in, be aware, this is the norm. Luckily I know the deal from 5 years active already and I just jump on here to see if anyone is posting results lol. I was just telling my coworker today that all this thread does is work everyone up from the rumor mill haha. They will have boards...its inevitable! In the meantime...relax...workout...study that DEP book lol.
Forget all those guys. NavyOffRec is the man!

Nsmith29

Has anyone bugged their ORs yet this week? They must hate getting the same email or call once a week from multiple people that says, "Hello Sir, it's me again. Just checking in to see if there is anything new..." They probably just want this rolling board to happen too so we just shut up already!

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Has anyone bugged their ORs yet this week? They must hate getting the same email or call once a week from multiple people that says, "Hello Sir, it's me again. Just checking in to see if there is anything new..." They probably just want this rolling board to happen too so we just shut up already!

I called my OR today Nsmith... no news yet at all. I haven't even received my PQ letter yet from going to MEPS... he tells me there is a problem that is backing up a lot of people right now. But I know how you feel man... can't stand having a feeling as being "that guy."

Evan Pappas

Just talked to my OR yesterday. Nothing new. He's pretty convinced the whole rolling board thing is just a bunch of rumors but obviously we're all hoping there's some truth to them.

On a totally separate note, does anyone know what happens after failing depth perception? The circles got me. Never worn glasses and I have a full eye exam scheduled at Walter Reed (I'm in the D.C. area) on Thursday and I guess it's to see if my vision is correctable. I've been trying to find an answer for what the next step may be from here but so far have been coming up empty...

John Gil

Just talked to my OR yesterday. Nothing new. He's pretty convinced the whole rolling board thing is just a bunch of rumors but obviously we're all hoping there's some truth to them.

On a totally separate note, does anyone know what happens after failing depth perception? The circles got me. Never worn glasses and I have a full eye exam scheduled at Walter Reed (I'm in the D.C. area) on Thursday and I guess it's to see if my vision is correctable. I've been trying to find an answer for what the next step may be from here but so far have been coming up empty...

You need to go to a civilian doctor and retake the exam and submit the paperwork to your recruiter for processing. Same thing happened to me.

afsf1

Does GISpirate post a lot? Maybe so...

Does it warrant an attack on his faith and faith of many others on Air Warriors? Absolutely not

If you are going to be posting completely irrelevant personal details on a forum don't get your panties in a knot if someone disagrees with them.

FLYNAVY15

FUBIJAR
pilot
My friend good friend C.F just started talking to a recruiter; long story short he has everything togeather for his package, including his medical. He only lacks taking the ASTB. The recruiter told C.F that if he gets competitive scores (being competitive by official Navy standards), he can Guarantee him a SNA slot. I have never heard of this from a Navy recruiter, however I can't say that I have spoken to very many recruiters. I am not saying that the recruiter is not telling the truth; but I am curious why he would make that statement as I have never heard of guaranteed slots outside of the USMC. Is it possible to get a guaranteed SNA slot, or is this just a myth?

I know some recruiters in the past have made promises that can't be delivered. I don't want to start a huge discussion, but am curious to the validity of the recruiter's statement and what is true and what is not. Thanks!

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
My friend good friend C.F just started talking to a recruiter; long story short he has everything togeather for his package, including his medical. He only lacks taking the ASTB. The recruiter told C.F that if he gets competitive scores (being competitive by official Navy standards), he can Guarantee him a SNA slot. I have never heard of this from a Navy recruiter, however I can't say that I have spoken to very many recruiters. I am not saying that the recruiter is not telling the truth; but I am curious why he would make that statement as I have never heard of guaranteed slots outside of the USMC. Is it possible to get a guaranteed SNA slot, or is this just a myth?

I know some recruiters in the past have made promises that can't be delivered. I don't want to start a huge discussion, but am curious to the validity of the recruiter's statement and what is true and what is not. Thanks!

Depends on what he meant by guarantee and in what context it was used.

For the Navy, your designator going into OCS is guaranteed if you are selected for it and meet all requirements/medical