• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Sorta'... actually OLQ was a graded observation on leadership qualities of NAVCADs by DIs & Flight Instructors, throughout until commissioning, and Aviation Officer Candidates (AOC) during Preflight (API). After commissioning in both cases, leadership qualities became a part of normal Navy "O" performance evals, i.e. Fitness Reports or 'FitReps'. Don't believe it's used any more, since the demise of the NAVCAD Flight Training Program in the 1990s.:(

Ok.

OLQ = OfficerLike Qualities!:)
BzB

Jgdisco2

you can throw me in the bucket now, submitting my package tomorrow.
25/non-prior
SNFO
5/6/5 44 (i know, i know, not the best in the world)
2 Ref from Ret. Lt. Col. AF and 1 Ref from a Ret. Col. AF
3.12 GPA Management of Recreation and Sport/ Division II College Golf(4 years)

arianjalali

have any of my fellow rolling board applicants had PRK surgery? if so, how long before NOMI approved your waiver to clear you for MEPS? (navyoffrec, you might have some insight for this as well).. i had PRK performed in january 2010. my OR submitted 27 pages worth of documents that covered the pre-op, operative, and two post-op results. however, it's been about eight days and we still haven't heard anything back.. is this normal?

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
have any of my fellow rolling board applicants had PRK surgery? if so, how long before NOMI approved your waiver to clear you for MEPS? (navyoffrec, you might have some insight for this as well).. i had PRK performed in january 2010. my OR submitted 27 pages worth of documents that covered the pre-op, operative, and two post-op results. however, it's been about eight days and we still haven't heard anything back.. is this normal?

NOMI doesn't clear your waiver for MEPS - the docs at MEPS will examine your paperwork first. MEPS has a 6 month period as well before they'll see you. You should be in the clear - they should be contacting your processor soon

BleedGreen

pilot
N3M will review your paperwork and should have a determination back within two weeks or so. Between my LASIK, history of asthma, and motorcycle accident, I had around 70 pages to submit. N3M gave me an answer within a week and a half. Generally, the more extensive your medical history, the longer it takes for them to review.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Sheesh.. I'm still working on mine. Trying to have mine done within the next couple days. Told me not to do it on a CAC computer.

No. It took me a good 2-3 weeks. Mainly cause I have had multiple part time jobs throughout college and different residency's throughout college. Other than that it wasn't to bad just have to print it out sign it and submit my package on Wednesday May 1st.

alaurin

All day, every day!

I had PRK in 2011 and submitted over 30 pages for mine. MEPS took 2 months to get back to me and cancelled my appointment the day before b/c my paperwork didn't have an eye exam done in the last week they said... They usually hold onto your paperwork for a few weeks. You don't have to clear MEPS before you submit for the board, but once you are pro-rec'd you have to clear MEPS within 3 months, I believe. I wouldn't worry about it, just remind your recruiter and processor. I'm still waiting to get into MEPS myself, after having submitted a current eye exam, recruiter said "they probably want to hold onto your documents for a few weeks before they let you in."

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Wow. I have to say how impressed I am with those of you who are AD and waiting on results. I do not know how you handle it! I am brought lunch to my husband today. Walking around and seeing everyone in their SDBs is making me desperate for results! You who face this every day have me in awe of your strength and patience. I hope word from this fabled rolljng board comes quickly.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2