• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

On a happy note, my paackage was pro-boarded this morning.

Now we wait...:)
Congrats! I have yet to be pro-boarded. I submitted on the 28th of March and haven't heard anything yet. Is this unusual? Should I be making calls to find out what is taking so long? I really don't want to miss this next board date.

FLYNAVY15

FUBIJAR
pilot
Congrats! I have yet to be pro-boarded. I submitted on the 28th of March and haven't heard anything yet. Is this unusual? Should I be making calls to find out what is taking so long? I really don't want to miss this next board date.
I have been calling my officer recruiter weekly to bi-weekly for status updates. I feel that this a "polite yet persistant" ratio; dont want to be annoying. I feel a candidate should know the status of his application as practicable.

exNavyOffRec

It seems it was a myth a lot of recruiters believed...Let's hope this week is for real

They may have tried last week but it just depends on the schedule of the available officers at NRC, I remember one board that was delayed for 3 days because the senior member extended his leave, there was one that I am pretty sure was delayed due to the senior member flying out to an NRD to "fix a problem"

BleedGreen

pilot
Whatever the case is, hopefully they are still accepting applications for this supposed board. My application is being reviewed by the program manager today, which I think is that last step before your "board ready."

RiseR 25

I personally believe that the OAR section has nothing to do with the aviation/NFO scores. IMHO

Correct, it does not. The Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR) is a subset score that approximates how you might do at Officer Candidate School.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Correct, it does not. The Officer Aptitude Rating (OAR) is a subset score that approximates how you might do at Officer Candidate School.

I understand that. Where I am getting at is that no one knows how the ASTB is calculated and it is suggested that the math and/or mechanical portion play a role in the aviation/NFO scores. But I don't believe they do.